THQ and Machinima Announce the Nexuiz Tournament Powered by AMD Gaming
$10,000 Worth of Prizes and Four Finalists Play Live on the Machinima Network in Hollywood
AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- THQ Inc. (THQI) and Machinima today announced the United States Nexuiz Tournament hosted by Machinima and powered by AMD Gaming. Register now at: http://www.360icons.com/pc/nexuiz/tournaments/Machinima-Nexuiz-PC-Tournament/.
Nexuiz is the CryENGINE® 3 powered Arena FPS from Illfonic available on Steam and other PC download sites for a suggested price of $9.99.
- Open to U.S. residents only (see rules and restrictions)
- 4v4 Team Deathmatch tournament
- Maximum of 1,024 teams
- Qualifying rounds conducted online
- Final two teams flown to Hollywood, Calif. to play the final round in Machinima's game room on June 30, 2012
- $10,000 cash with $7,000 to the winning team and $3,000 to the runners-up
- AMD -- 10 Radeon 7850 graphics boards
- Alienware" -- 4 TactX" keyboards and 4 TactX mice
- Best of three in qualifying rounds
- Single elimination
- Finals in Hollywood will be best of 11 series
- Registration is open now at: http://www.360icons.com/pc/nexuiz/tournaments/Machinima-Nexuiz-PC-Tournament/
- Registration closes June 15, 2012
- Qualifying rounds take place on Saturday June, 16th and Sunday June, 17th
- Finals will be June 23, 2012
Machinima is the sole sponsor of the tournament and is responsible for all rules, administration and prizing. More details can be found on the Nexuiz community forums at Forums.Nexuiz.com.
Nexuiz for PC is now available from Steam at Store.Steampowered.com/app/96800.
About Nexuiz for PC
For centuries the Kavussari and the Forsellians have waged war. They have a fragile truce but due to their seething disgust of each other they still pit their warriors against each other in arenas rather than on the fields of war.
Those episodes of lethal combat are now broadcast throughout the galaxy, as entertainment... a spectacle known as... The Nexuiz Competition: An arena based first person shooter where you can alter the rules of the match and laws of physics while you dominate opponents in ever-changing hostile environments bleeding with hatred.
- Arena FPS is back - inspired by the giants of the Arena FPS genre, Nexuiz reinvents twitch gaming for PC.
- Rebuilt for the PC - dedicated server support, DX11 graphics and game speed and controls tuned for the discerning PC player makes this the best version of Nexuiz yet.
- Over 100 'Dynamic Mutators' serve as game-changing power-ups - Jetpacks, Uber-Nuke, Low Gravity, Big Head Mode and many more...
- 9 deadly arenas - powered by CryENGINE 3, Nexuiz sets a new graphical benchmark for a digital-only release.
- Designed for competitive play - a superbly balanced weapon set, classic game modes, and extensive stat tracking, Medals and Leaderboard support.
- Play solo or online - hone your skills against bots, then wage war online against the best in 4v4 multiplayer matches.
- Just $9.99 - Nexuiz offers hours of gameplay and unprecedented production values for a $10 title.
THQ Inc. is a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company develops its products for all popular game systems, personal computers and wireless devices. Headquartered in Los Angeles County, California, THQ sells product through its global network of offices located throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. More information about THQ and its products may be found at www.thq.com. THQ and the THQ logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the business of THQ Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as "THQ"), including, but not limited to, expectations and projections related to the release of Nexuiz, and are based upon management's current beliefs and certain assumptions made by management. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, business, competitive, economic, legal, political and technological factors affecting our industry, operations, markets, products or pricing. Readers should carefully review the risk factors and the information that could materially affect THQ's financial results, described in other documents that THQ files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal period ended March 31, 2011, and subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and particularly the discussion of trends and risk factors set forth therein. Unless otherwise required by law, THQ disclaims any obligation to update its view on any such risks or uncertainties or to revise or publicly release.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
Machinima is the dominant video entertainment network for serious gamers around the world. The number one entertainment channel on YouTube, Machinima serves over 1.6 billion video views a month, and reaches over 166 million gamers monthly. Machinima's global content network features official publisher content, gameplay videos and original content, including over 20 original weekly shows, all aimed at the coveted 18 - 34 year old male demographic. Machinima is fast-becoming a global phenomenon with an ability to capture a cultural sensibility and awareness among a next generation of entertainment consumers and marketers alike. The company is backed by MK Capital and Redpoint Ventures, and is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
For more information, please visit www.machinima.com.
Illfonic is an indie video game development studio committed to delivering AAA games digitally to consoles and PC. Launched in 2007, IllFonic utilizes many avenues in pop culture to cross brand its products in film, television, sports, music and clothing. With offices in Los Angeles and Denver, the company has built a team of artists, developers, producers and musicians who believe that providing fun game-play means conveying the highest level of visual and musical awe along with an immersive environment.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Source: THQ Inc. and MachinimaCopyright Business Wire 2012