Diageo Recognized for Excellence in Supporting Diversity
NORWALK, Conn., May 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Diageo, the world's leading spirits, wine and beer company was recently recognized for its efforts in promoting a diverse and inclusive business environment by Diversity MBA Magazine and DiversityPlus Magazine. Diageo (DEO) was named in Diversity MBA Magazine's "50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers To Work" list for the second consecutive year. The award recognizes companies that drive sustainable results in programs that allow and encourage managers and women of diverse backgrounds to excel and grow in Corporate America.
Additionally, DiversityPlus Magazine honored Diageo's Christina Ruggiero, Vice President, Procurement, as one of their "2012 Top 25 Women in Power Impacting Diversity" for driving diversity both internally and externally.
Dr. Danielle Robinson, Director of Diversity and Inclusion at Diageo, commented: "Diageo is extremely proud of the continued recognition of our efforts in creating a truly diverse and inclusive culture. The company is committed to providing all employees with the critical resources needed to pursue their goals and achieve success, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion. And we do this not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it is good business."
For the last decade, Diageo has developed a robust program built on a variety of diversity-focused initiatives, including:
- Maintaining a strict policy prohibiting sexual harassment and harassment based on sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. This policy is extended to and required of suppliers and other vendor partners.
- Membership with the business coalition, organized by HRC, in support of the Congressional passage of an all-inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
- Maintaining an extensive network of Employee Resource Groups from across the business.Continuing to identify opportunities to further diversity and positively influence our culture via Diageo's Inclusion and Diversity Council.
- An ongoing commitment to earning a perfect score in the annual Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) survey, recognized as one of their "Best Places to Work," an award Diageo has earned for the last four years.
- Maintaining a family-friendly culture earning Diageo a spot on Working Mother magazine's "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" list for the past three years. The list highlights the top companies paving the way for new moms and families everywhere, and includes companies that offer flextime hours, telecommuting, paid maternity leave and employee assistance programs.
Diageo (Dee-AH-Gee-O) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan's and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Jose Cuervo, Tanqueray, Guinness, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards Wines.
Diageo is a global company, with its products sold in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people, brands, and performance, visit us at Diageo.com. For our global resource that promotes responsible drinking through the sharing of best practice tools, information and initiatives, visit DRINKiQ.com.
Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.