Dell Enables Businesses to Do More Than Ever Before with State-of-the-Art Manageability and Data Security in Updated Computing Line
- Lightweight laptop and sleek all-in-one desktop broaden companys most complete lineup of computing solutions for organizations of all sizes
- New offerings help customers maximize productivity and organizational control while maintaining high levels of data security
- Dell Precision tower workstation availability and details announced
ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Dell (DELL) today announced a completely refreshed portfolio of its Latitude and OptiPlex business laptops and desktops, featuring durable, consumer-inspired design that appeals to todays professionals coupled with state-of-the-art manageability and data protection. The new Dell business computing solutions integrate seamlessly into todays evolving business technology ecosystems which require secure, anytime and anywhere data access and outstanding productivity to meet the demands of an increasingly mobile workforce.
Dells heritage is delivering computing solutions that help customers drive productivity and achieve results. Today we offer our strongest-ever portfolio of products, integrated solutions and services to help organizations of all sizes do more than ever, said Sam Burd, vice president, Personal Computing Product Group, Dell. Dells new lineup helps customers thrive with mission-driven devices and solutions that empower end-usersin the boardroom, the classroom, the hospital, or on the battlefieldwhile providing the state-of-the-art manageability and data protection that IT departments require.
Dell Latitude E-Family & Dell OptiPlex
The new Dell business client solutions offer dynamic, flexible and intuitive interfaces, stylish and sophisticated design and business-class control. Ranging from entry-level to premium and desktop to ultra-portable, the new laptops and desktops offer the following:
- Long-lasting durability: StrikeZone" shock absorber, Fast Response Free-Fall Sensor, and newly-added rubber hard drive isolation help protect data from drops and vibration;
- Productivity: Long battery-life with up to 32.7 hours with an optional 9-cell battery + slice + bay, 2GB* of memory, integrated graphics, Third Generation Intel® Core" processor technology, and optional 128GB* SSD* and ExpressCharge" for 80 percent recharge in an hour (select configurations);
- Industrys most manageable business PCs: The latest Intel" vPro systems management Intel Active Management Technology 8.x with Dells unique vPro extensions that support remote BIOS management and remote hard drive wipe enabling IT to remotely manage Latitude E-family laptops and OptiPlex desktops, including easy out-of-band management;
- High-level data protection: Dell Data Protection | Encryption offers the highest level of FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2 Level 3 certification commercially available with the optional Dell exclusive Hardware Encryption Accelerator;
- USB 3.0: USB 3.0 enabled for fast wired data transfers for local storage and sync delivers 10 times faster speed than USB 2.0 and USB Powershare to charge USB 3.0 devices when in sleep mode;
- Enhanced Connectivity: Available with optional LTE Mobile Broadband and Bluetooth 4.0; and,
- Performance: Third Generation Intel® Core" processor options, as well as increased memory and discrete graphics options.
Building upon the highly-praised previous business client portfolio, which saw more than 100 refinements of fit, finish and consumer-inspired appeal, Dell extends this leadership with the following enhancements:
- The Latitude E6430s, a new design, strikes the balance between portability and is go-anywhere productivity in a class-leading, highly mobile, lightweight, 13.3-inch chassis paired with a surprisingly large 14-inch display.
- The Latitude E6230, E6330, E6430, and E6530 laptops with 12.5-inch, 13.3-inch, 14-inch and 15.6-inch displays, respectively, are designed to support a diverse array of mobile professionals and provide durability and on-the-go productivity with long battery life, as well as seamless connectivity with a high-performing antenna and the latest wireless and mobile broadband* options.
- The Latitude E5430 and E5530 laptops with 14-inch and 15.6-inch displays, respectively, are ideal for professionals looking for a budget-friendly blend of mobility and office productivity. The Dell Latitude E5 series laptops are also now offered with Intel" vPro systems management.
- The ruggedized Latitude E6430 ATG laptop is designed for extreme temperatures, vibration, dust and high altitudes and helps boost workforce productivity regardless of location or terrain with its reinforced 14-inch display and an optional easy-to-carry handle.
The Dell OptiPlex family
provides day-to-day productivity for critical business tasks and is
designed to be the industrys most secure, flexible and manageable
business desktops. The refreshed lineup includes the new OptiPlex
3010, 7010, 9010 desktops and the OptiPlex 9010 All-in-One desktop.
- The new desktop family features wireless connectivity options, microphone and headset mini-jacks for voice-over-IP and Microsoft Unified Communications certification for optimal video conferencing, as well as support for up to three digital native monitors and up to four front or side USB ports.
- The OptiPlex 9010 XL, available through Dell OEM Solutions and supported by Dell ProSupport for OEM, has fewer component changes during the life of the product, advanced notification of potential component changes, and a managed end of life transition process, providing manufacturers greater stability and less need for costly recertification.
- The newly designed, sleek OptiPlex 9010 All-in-One empowers productivity while preserving precious desk space with an integrated power supply, VESA mounting, and optional wireless mouse and keyboard.
Dell Precision Family
Dell is also announcing additional details on the new entry-level Dell Precision T1650 tower workstation, which provides powerful performance on a budget. The T1650 is designed for demanding professional applications and workloads like 2D and mid-range 3D models, editing photos, CAD drawings and web development that push beyond a standard desktop. The T1650 offers a new industrial design with tool-less features, broad range of Intel Core and Xeon CPU options, increased memory speed of 1600MHz, four USB 3.0 ports and Intel Smart Response Technology*.
Dell Integrated Solutions
Dells business computing portfolio, combined with experience gained through more than two billion interactions with customers each year, uniquely positions the company to provide customers with tailored solutions for cost effective security, management, and end-user productivity. These solutions include Dell Data Protection | Encryption, Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions, the Dell KACE Family of Systems Management Appliances, Dell Cloud Solutions and Dell Pro Support* Services.
As end point computing models continue to evolve so do the requirements of organizations to create a productive, manageable and secure environment, said Bob ODonnell, program vice president, Clients and Displays, IDC. End-to-end solutions are extremely important to Dell customers as they strive for greater end-user productivity while maintaining IT control.
The Dell Precision T1650 tower workstations help our renowned oceanographers visualize their research by importing Fortran and Matlab models into Autodesk Maya, presenting jaw-dropping movies of the Baltic Sea, said Mats Olsson, systems administrator for the department of Earth Sciences at the University of Gothenburg. It has enabled us to deliver fast, high-quality results and weve been very impressed with how quiet and powerful the system is.
Pricing and Availability:
Availability information and pricing for Latitude and OptiPlex systems will be released in the coming weeks.
The Dell Precision T1650, along with the recently introduced Dell Precision T3600, T5600 and T7600 tower workstations, are now available for purchase globally.
Dell on Twitter
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell, Latitude, OptiPlex and Dell Precision are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
- *Based on testing using the Mobile Mark 2007 battery life benchmark test. For more information about this benchmark test, visit www.bapco.com. Test results should be used only to compare one product with another and are not a guarantee you will experience the same battery life. Battery life may be significantly less than the test results and varies depending on your products configuration, software, usage, operating conditions, power management settings and other factors. Maximum battery life will decrease with time and use.
- *Subject to service providers broadband subscription and coverage area; additional charges apply.
- *Intel® Smart Response Technology: Requires a properly configured HDD + SSD
- *GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
- *Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit www.dell.com/servicedescriptions.
Kristie Taylor, 512-506-0233
WPP Team Dell
Roman Skuratovskiy, 415-268-1611
Source: Dell Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2012