Intersil's Green Hybrid Digital, Dual PWM Controller Delivers Optimal Intel(R) VR12 Solution
MILPITAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/05/12 -- Intersil Corporation (ISIL) (NASDAQ: ISIL) a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance analog and mixed signal semiconductors, today introduced a new green hybrid digital, dual PWM controller that is compliant with Intel's VR12/IMVP7 specification.
The ISL6367 incorporates a 6-phase PWM to control the microprocessor core or memory voltage regulator and a single-phase peripheral PWM voltage regulator for graphics, system agent or processor I/O. Additionally, the ISL6367 has simplified programmable functions and telemetry for optimal system flexibility. Intersil's proprietary hybrid digital approach eliminates the need for non-volatile memory (NVM) and firmware typically required by traditional digital solutions, significantly reducing cost, design complexity, manufacturing control and inventory requirements.
Features and Specifications Highlights
- External programmability to support different platforms and designs
- Best-in-class linear control loop architecture
- Proprietary EAPP control architecture provides excellent current balance during high frequency transients and eliminates beat frequency oscillation
- Feedforward architecture to achieve constant modulation gain with input voltage variation
- PMBus/SMBus/I2C compatibility for digital power management
- Robust system protection
- Optional input current sensing for true catastrophic failure protection
- Fast and accurate over-voltage and over-current protection
- Two output sensing points for protection against single point of failure
- Highest efficiency from light to full load
- Low quiescent current
- Auto phase dropping
- Diode emulation
- Compatible with phase doublers such as the ISL6611A and ISL6617, to double or quadruple the phase count (up to 24+4 phases)
- Up to 2MHz switching frequency per phase
"These green hybrid digital solutions truly bring value to end users," said Hsu Lung-luen, chief operating officer at ASRock. "Intersil's hybrid digital technology does indeed outperform, providing invaluable balance of system performance and reliability within the digital power management landscape."
"The ISL6367 provides flexibilities of digital controllers without the learning curves required to design with it," said Majid Kafi, vice president and general manager, computing products group at Intersil. "Major customers like ASRock are already adopting this design approach."
Pricing and Availability
The ISL6367 is available now in 60-lead 7 x 7 QFN packages with prices starting at $3.75 each in 1,000-unit quantities. For more information please visit: http://www.intersil.com/products/ISL6367.
Intersil Corporation is a leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance analog, mixed-signal and power management semiconductors. The company's products address some of the fastest growing markets within the industrial and infrastructure, personal computing and high-end consumer markets. For more information about Intersil or to find out how to become a member of our winning team, visit our website and career page at www.intersil.com.
Intersil and the Intersil logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intersil Corporation. All other brands, product names and marks are or may be trademarks or registered trademarks used to identify products or services of their respective owners.