Pixelworks Introduces Next Generation Reference Design Platform for 3D Display Systems and Projectors
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pixelworks, Inc. (PXLW), an innovative provider of advanced video and pixel processing technology, announced today a new reference platform with real-time 2D to 3D conversion for 3D projection and other 3D display applications.
Building on our PA136 success with top tier TV brands, we have now introduced a turnkey reference design that incorporates our exceptional 3D and industry-leading picture enhancement technologies, said Graham Loveridge, Sr. Vice President of Marketing at Pixelworks. With this reference design our customers can quickly and cost-effectively deploy stunning 3D-enabled display solutions in a variety of applications, enabling faster time to market for products ranging from projectors to flat screen displays.
The reference design leverages Pixelworks existing PW980 and PA136 chipsets, which contain integrated capture for analog and HDMI video inputs as well as support for multiple Picture-in-Picture modes, input and output screen resolutions and refresh rates up to 120Hz. The PA136 integrates 3D format conversion and 2D to 3D conversion, supporting both multiple 3D content types and best-in-class real-time 2D to 3D conversion to provide a natural 3D viewing experience. Additionally, the PA136 includes Pixelworks patented n2m" technology and MotionEngine" frame rate conversion that enable judder-free smooth playback of film content, streaming and low frame-rate internet video by using variable and adaptive frame rate conversion. The PW980 integrates an ARM processor and On-Screen Display controller enabling customers to easily customize the graphical user interface, while also providing maximum flexibility to incorporate additional system functionality.
Features and Detailed Product Information
- PW980 + PA136 chipsets provide a turnkey total reference design solution, including hardware and proprietary software technology
- Minimal external components reduce the total Bill of Materials
- PA136 MotionEngine device is the industrys leading post-processor solution providing the highest level of integration. MotionEngine technology enables content adaptive Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation (MEMC) for real-time motion adaptive 2D to 3D conversion
- Pixelworks proprietary n2m technology provides superior video performance for low frame rate or variable frame rate internet content
- PW980 includes Analog Front End (AFE), Video Decoder Function and Image Processor with proprietary video enhancement capabilities in a compact industry leading solution
- High speed LVDS interface signaling provides superior EMI performance
- Integrated 2D local dimming control feature for improved dynamic contrast and power savings in LED backlight displays
- Supports full 1080p and WUXGA resolutions at up to 120Hz
- Integrated Master/Slave mode CPU for maximum flexibility and lower cost
For additional information on new products, as well as product demos, please contact your local Pixelworks office (http://www.pixelworks.com/locations.php) to obtain an invitation.
About Pixelworks, Inc.
Pixelworks, headquartered in San Jose, California, is an innovative designer, developer and marketer of video and pixel processing technology, semiconductors and software for high-end digital video applications. At design centers in Shanghai and San Jose, Pixelworks engineers push pixel performance to new levels for leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and professional displays worldwide.
For more information, please visit the companys Web site at www.pixelworks.com.
Note: Pixelworks, the Pixelworks logo, n2m and MotionEngine are all registered trademarks of Pixelworks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Brett L Perry, +1-972-239-5119 ext 159
Director of IR
Steven Moore, +1-408-200-9221
Source: Pixelworks, Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2012