Australian Centre for Health Innovation Features Amcom Software
- Amcom Softwares industry-leading solutions to integrate seamlessly with the centres clinical systems, phone system, and end devices to demonstrate the power of streamlining critical communications in healthcare.
- Australian Centre for Health Innovation showcases leading technologies that can improve patient care and enhance effectiveness of healthcare organisations across Australia.
PERTH, Western Australia--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Amcom Software, Inc. today announced that the Australian Centre for Health Innovation, based in Melbourne, is featuring its mission-critical communications solutions for healthcare. Amcom Softwares solutions will integrate with the centres nurse call and other clinical systems, Cisco phone system and wireless IP phones, as well as smartphones. The goal is to show how advanced communication technologies can help organisations deliver excellent patient care while enhancing clinician and staff effectiveness.
The Amcom Software solutions, provided and serviced by the companys Perth-based Commtech Wireless division, include:
- Amcom Mobile Connect" smartphone communications to enable encrypted, mobile communications and strengthen care by delivering code alerts, patient updates, lab results, consult requests and much more to Cisco wireless IP phones, smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. The solution includes a full audit trail and advanced security features.
- Amcom Messenger" middleware to send critical alerts from patient monitoring, nurse call and building alert systems to LED signage or the appropriate staff members mobile device. This speeds response times and helps deliver effective care while reducing the time and effort staff expend in responding to patient needs.
- Amcom IntelliWeb" directory and on-call scheduling to enable authorised staff to quickly access and update directory listings, contact preferences and on-call schedules across the organisation.
- Amcom IntelliDesk" operator console to enable fast, professional call handling with an easy-to-use system integrated with the facilitys Cisco® Unified Communications Manager platform.
The integrated Amcom Software products will connect with the full range of communication technologies at the Australian Centre for Health Innovation, demonstrating how robust technologies can make everyones job easier, safer and more effective.
When lives are on the line, being able to demonstrate full-scale, real-life implementations of communications technologies in action can provide an exceptional way to showcase the effective, creative ways weve developed to solve customers problems, said John Jordan, General Manager, Amcom Software, Asia-Pacific. The Australian Centre for Health Innovation is a great way for us to do that and help make decisions easier for healthcare administrators and managers.
About the Australian Centre for Health Innovation
The Australian Centre for Health Innovation is a $13 million purpose-built facility embedded in the Alfred Hospital, in one of Australia's leading hospital and research precincts. A fully quarantined hospital grade test bed network and experienced health IT staff, provide support to showcase new clinical and administrative health technologies in fully simulated clinical workflows for thousands of visitors each year. The Centre continues to develop partnerships to support innovative healthcare practice, connecting with clinicians, researchers, industry and government, to bring more real world solutions to health. For more information, visit http://www.healthinnovation.com.au/about-us.html, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 3 9076 0400.
About Amcom Software
Amcom Software , a subsidiary of USA Mobility, Inc. (USMO), connects people to each other and to the data they need. This helps organisations save lives with communications that are faster, more accurate, and more efficient. Thousands of organisations worldwide rely on Amcom solutions for critical smartphone communications, contact centre optimisation, emergency management, and clinical workflow improvement. The company's products are used by leading organisations in healthcare, hospitality, education, business, and government. By continually developing its industry-leading technologies, Amcom Software has rapidly grown and solidified its market leadership. Visit Commtech Wireless, a division of Amcom Software in Asia-Pacific, at amcomsoftware.com.au or find us on Twitter @AmcomSoftware.
Cisco is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Jill Asby +1 952-230-5363
Source: Amcom Software, Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2012