SRS TruSurround Technology Achieves 350-Million Unit Milestone
The CE Industrys Widest Adopted Family of Front-Rendered Surround Sound Technology Delivers Robust Surround Sound to More Consumers Than Any Competing Solution
SANTA ANA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SRS Labs (NASDAQ:SRSL), the industry leader in surround sound, audio enhancement, and voice post-processing technologies, announced today that the CE industrys most popular front-rendered surround sound technology, SRS TruSurround®, has now shipped in more than 350-million units worldwide1 and that the technology is on target to reach a penetration of more than 400 million units by the end of 2012.
Todays consumers expect a great entertainment experience from new TVs right out of the box, said Allen H. Gharapetian , Senior Vice President of Marketing for SRS Labs (SRSL). Despite the unavoidable compromises TV makers have to make in their quest to deliver thinner, more stylish flat panel TVs, audio quality doesnt need to suffer when they select any one of our immersive surround sound technologies. Thats principally why our TruSurround line of surround solutions is the most popular front rendered surround technology family in the world, allowing our partners to deliver a high-quality, immersive surround sound experience that compliments the fantastic displays of their HD flat-panel TV or enhance the audio capabilities of their soundbars.
Found in nearly every CE products, from TVs and soundbars to PCs and tablets, some of the added benefits of SRS TruSurround include:
- Surround sound virtualization for 1.0 to 6.1 input channels and up to 3.1 output channel configurations
- Extremely broad sweet spot for maximum realism and enjoyment
- Sculpted bass to optimize low frequency performance of small drivers and enclosures
- Dialog enhancement to ensure clear and intelligible vocals
- Definition control for maximum high-frequency realism and clarity
- Bass management for subwoofer and center speaker designs
To commemorate this milestone, SRS Labs is conducting a sweepstakes contest and will be giving away a grand prize of a COBY TV featuring TruSurround XT", while second prize winners will receive a VIZIO soundbar featuring TruSurround HD". The sweepstakes will run from June 19th, 2012 to July 13th. To enter for a chance to win, visit www.srslabs.com/trusurround.
SRS Labs company description and important cautions regarding forward-looking statements made in this release is available at www.srslabs.com/boilerplate.
1. The 350 million units shipped figure takes into consideration all products shipped with SRS TruSurround®, TruSurround XT®, TruSurround HD", TruSurround HD4", StudioSound", StudioSound HD", TheaterSound", TheaterSound HD", TheaterSound 3D", Premium Sound, Premium Sound HD, Premium Sound 3D or Premium Voice Pro technologies from their initial launch through May 31, 2012.
SRS Labs, Inc.
Michael Farino, PR Manager
Global Results Communications for SRS Labs
Lora Friedrichsen / Valerie Christopherson
Investor Relations Contact:
Liolios Group, Inc.
Source: SRS LabsCopyright Business Wire 2012