Riding on Mobile Wave, LodgeNet Reveals New Mobile Services for Hotels at HITEC
SIOUX FALLS, S.D., June 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing the expansion and utility of its "four screen" services, LodgeNet Interactive Corporation (LNET) (NASDAQ: LNET), the leading provider of interactive media and connectivity services to the hospitality industry and the consumers they serve, will unveil the addition of several highly requested guest services to its LodgeNet Mobile app at the 2012 HITEC Conference, June 25-28 in Baltimore.
LodgeNet Mobile's all-new Interactive Programming Guide (IPG) is the first of many new guest services on display at HITEC. The launch of its much-anticipated IPG comes at a time when mobile usage by guests is exploding, driving the hotel industry's demand for integrated mobile applications. The IPG, available only through the app, will provide hotel guests with TV programming and scheduling information on a hotel-specific basis.
"Our presence at HITEC will give hoteliers the opportunity to experience our four screen services in action," said Derek S. White, President of Interactive & Media Networks for LodgeNet. "The release of our mobile IPG service gives hotels more opportunities and greater power to connect with guests through a device central to their travel experience."
Launched on January 31, 2012, the LodgeNet Mobile app is already a traveler favorite and is available in more than 600,000 guest rooms across 2,600 North American hotels. The IPG service is offered to travelers on an annual subscription basis via an "in-app" purchase for the price of $0.99 per year and is available for iOS devices (iPhone®/iPad®, pending Apple approval), as well as all Android" smartphones.
On and Off-Site Tools to Enhance the Guest Experience
The LodgeNet Mobile app and its IPG service will be demonstrated at the upcoming HITEC conference on June 25-28, 2012 at the Baltimore Convention Center. Conference attendees will have the opportunity to test out the app's extensive capabilities and "super-suite" of features. Besides the IPG, other new features include:
- mCheckout: Regardless of location, guests using LodgeNet Mobile can request a complete folio review, check out from the hotel, and receive an e-mail receipt.
- mDining: Allows guests the ability to browse menus and place orders directly from their mobile device (smartphone and/or tablet). Guests can have remote dining experiences by placing orders at a location other than their room, e.g., ordering drinks and appetizers to a designated seat by the pool.
- mCompendium: Hotels can create and customize the "My Hotel" section of the application tailored to a brand's look and feel. Hotels have complete control over their messaging, providing a fully branded experience to keep guests informed with timely, property-specific information and merchandising/promotional opportunities.
- mGuest Requests: This feature may well bring an end to the late-night front desk phone call. Whether requesting extra towels, more pillows or anything else, the feature allows guests to make these requests with a few taps and a click without picking up the phone. Through available integration with other property systems, the appropriate hotel staff can receive immediate notification of a request helping reduce response time and increase guest satisfaction.
- Local Services: A totally redesigned section of the app, specifically tailored for traveling consumers.
"With each new feature added to LodgeNet's mobile app, we're continuing to redefine what the ideal travel experience is all about. Travelers already view their smartphones and tablets as anywhere/anything devices so they expect to use their devices for a wide variety of hotel services too," said White. "We've put the full hotel service experience at the tip of a guest's fingers, and all from the comfort and convenience of their personal mobile device."
Mobile Going Viral
LodgeNet's latest additions to its "mega app" join an already impressive feature list including remote control functionality for adjusting volume, changing channels and ordering in-room movies. "In the end, mobile is about delivering simplicity and consistency to our guests. Not only is LodgeNet's app an in-room 'super remote', it's rapidly becoming the go-to device that travelers rely on throughout their trip," said Todd Kelly, Vice President of Interactive & Mobile Applications for LodgeNet.
For more information about LodgeNet Mobile, please contact Ann Parker, Director of Corporate Communications for LodgeNet Interactive at (605) 988-1000, or for Consumer Press, Vanessa Horwell, Media Relations Liaison at (305) 749-5342 x 232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation is the leading provider of interactive media and connectivity services to hospitality and healthcare businesses and the consumers they serve. Recently named by Advertising Age as one of the Leading 100 US Media Companies, LodgeNet Interactive serves approximately 1.6 million hotel rooms worldwide in addition to healthcare facilities throughout the United States. The Company's services include: Interactive Television, Broadband, award-winning Mobile and Advertising Media Solutions along with nationwide technical and professional support services. LodgeNet Interactive Corporation owns and operates businesses under the industry leading brands: LodgeNet, The Hotel Networks and LodgeNet Healthcare. LodgeNet Interactive is listed on NASDAQ and trades under the symbol LNET. For more information, please visit www.lodgenet.com.
LodgeNet and the LodgeNet logo are registered trademarks of LodgeNet Interactive Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE LodgeNet Interactive Corp.