Kohl’s Features the Mucho Exciting Story Book Adventures of Skippyjon Jones, Coordinating Plush Toys and Backpack for $5
Kohls Cares® supports childrens health and education initiatives nationwide
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Kohls Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) introduces the latest Kohls Cares cause merchandise program to young readers and parents featuring the crazy-loco adventures of Skippyjon Jones, a Siamese cat who thinks he is a super hero Chihuahua. Parents will feel like super heroes getting fun Skippyjon Jones items that also give back to local communities. Now through the end of September, Kohls features exclusive Judy Schachner storybooks, Skippyjon Jones, Skippyjon Jones, Class Action, Skippyjon Jones in the Dog House, Skippyjon Jones, Lost in Spice and Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones, through the Kohls Cares® cause merchandise program. Hardcover editions, coordinating plush toys and an illustrated set of note cards are available at Kohls stores nationwide and online at Kohls.com for just $5 each, with 100 percent of the net profit benefitting childrens health and education initiatives nationwide. Also in the collection, kids will love sporting a Skippyjon Jones backpack as they head back to school and for only $5 each, parents will love it, too!
The thrilling tales of Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner belong in every family or classroom reading library. The stories empower children to reach for their goals and embrace their individuality while delivering laughs and smiles at an affordable price of only $5 each, said Julie Gardner, Kohls executive vice president and chief marketing officer. Parents and educators can be assured their purchase of the Skippyjon Jones collection will provide more than just a great book in their collection, but will also support childrens health and education initiatives within their own community. The Kohls Cares program has raised more than $208 million over the past 12 years with the continued support of our compassionate customers.
Judy Schachners stories come to life as children read the wacky escapades of Skippyjon Jones and his amigos as they learn valuable lessons and introduce Spanish words into vocabulary. These must-have childrens stories are available in hardcover along with coordinating Skippyjon Jones, penguin, dino, sock monkey and bumble bee plush toys and childrens back pack all for just $5 each.
I hope that children and parents alike will love reading about my kitty boy, Skippyjon Jones, and all his adventures. I am honored to bring these stories and illustrations to Kohls customers nationwide, said author and illustrator Judy Schachner. I am thrilled to be a part of the Kohls Cares cause merchandise program and am delighted to know that all profits from these books and plush toys will benefit childrens health and education.
Kohls Cares Cause Merchandise for Kids
- Skippyjon Jones Introduce children to their new friend, Skippyjon Jones and watch him transform into El Skippito in this introductory tale.
- Skippyjon Jones, Class Action School is for the dogs&.but not if Skippyjon Jones has anything to say about it. Join Skippyjon Jones as he sneaks into obedience school!
- Skippyjon Jones in the Dog House This clever story will teach children about the importance of minding their parents or else they might end up in a room filled with crazy-loco Chihuahuas!
- Skippyjon Jones, Lost in Spice Read this fun story aloud to children and watch their excitement as they travel to Mars with Skippyjon Jones and his amigos!
- ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones Join Skippyjon Jones as he and his old friends head out on a mission to find the rarest dinosaur in the world, the Skipposaurus! This book and coordinating plush are available exclusively at Kohls.com.
- GREAT BACK-TO-SCHOOL ITEM: Skippyjon Jones Backpack Great for school supplies and road trips, this multi-purpose Skippyjon Jones backpack is a must-have item for kids as they head back to the classroom!
- GIFT IDEA FOR TEACHERS: Skippyjon Jones Note Cards Looking for a fun an affordable gift for a new teacher? Check out the beautifully illustrated Skippyjon Jones note cards for just $5.
Kohls Cares Cause Merchandise for Grown-Ups
Kohls has something to help busy parents get back into the school-night schedule. Crock-pot® Busy Family Recipes, Eat This, Not That! for Kids! and Campbell's Best-loved Recipes, an online exclusive, provide parents with quick and delicious recipes that everyone will love while helping make the most of family time during the busy school week. Each cookbook is available for just $5 a quality value!
In addition to the merchandise program, Kohl's Cares® features a scholarship program, which recognizes more than 2,200 young volunteers each year with scholarships and prizes; the Associates in Action program, which encourages associate volunteerism and has donated more than $47 million to youth-focused nonprofit organizations to date; and fundraising gift cards for schools and youth-serving nonprofit organizations. For more information, visit www.kohlscorporation.com.
About Kohl's Department Stores (KSS)
Based in Menomonee Falls, Wis., Kohls (NYSE: KSS) is a family-focused, value-oriented specialty department store offering moderately priced, exclusive and national brand apparel, shoes, accessories, beauty and home products in an exciting shopping environment. With a commitment to environmental leadership, Kohls operates 1,134 stores in 49 states. In support of the communities it serves, Kohls has raised more than $208 million for childrens initiatives nationwide through its Kohls Cares® cause merchandise program, which operates under Kohl's Cares, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kohl's Department Stores, Inc. For a list of store locations and information, or for the added convenience of shopping online, visit www.Kohls.com, or join the discussion on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/kohls or Twitter http://twitter.com/Kohls.
Kohl's Department Stores
Jen Johnson, 262.703.5241
Ale Owens, 262.703.2985
Source: Kohl's Department StoresCopyright Business Wire 2012