SRS Labs Launches All New Software Designed to Improve Overall Sound Quality on Mac Computers
Audio Essentials for Mac Utilizes a Variety of Patented Audio Signal Processing Technologies to Deliver Better Sound Out of Mac Computers
SANTA ANA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SRS Labs (NASDAQ:SRSL), the industry leader in surround sound, audio enhancement, and voice post-processing technologies, announced today the availability of Audio Essentials for Mac, an advanced software suite of high-performance audio processing solutions designed to give any Mac computer the ability to fill a room with powerful, HD-quality sound. Loaded with a complete assortment of fully customizable SRS audio enhancement solutions, SRS Audio Essentials for Mac works seamlessly with the entire Mac audio system, giving users full control of their entire audio experience, regardless of where they source content from.
When we launched Audio Essentials for PC last year, we received a great deal of interest from the Mac-user community looking for the same type of product that works on Mac OS, said Allen H. Gharapetian, Senior Vice President of Marketing for SRS Labs (SRSL). Building upon the experience and success we have seen with the PC version of Audio Essentials, our new Audio Essentials for Mac delivers the same perfect mix of audio enhancement solutions to address the deficiencies faced by consumers dealing with poor quality compressed audio files, as well as the issues generated by the minimal frequency response range of small notebook speakers and headphones. Our audio processing know-how and Mac-specific R&D efforts have culminated in a software solution that drastically improves the audio playback capabilities of Mac computers, allowing sound to be bolder, louder and far more impressive.
SRS Audio Essentials breathes new life into music, movies, games, podcasts and more. Working in conjunction with the entire Mac audio system, any content played on the Mac, including content streamed and downloaded, will be enhanced with SRS patented psychoacoustic technologies to not only deliver an incredibly lifelike, immersive audio experience, but to also compensate for the physical limitations that impact audio performance that are inherent with majority of todays ultra slim notebook and all-in-one desktop designs. Audio Essentials takes into account multiple variables when processing audio, including the type of content being played, size and number of speakers, style of headphones being used and the content source. It then mixes in the optimal amount of psychoacoustic processing, bass enhancement, sound field expansion and vocal intelligibility solutions for that specific mix. The end result is audio quality at its absolute best, allowing music to be heard just like if it were being performed live, or movies and games feeling more immersive and realistic than ever before.
Available as a limited-feature free trial, users can unlock the softwares full feature set via a one-time paid upgrade. Features of SRS Audio Essentials include a wide variety of must-have upgrades for any Mac.
Audio Essentials (free trial) features:
- Sleek, intuitive UI Advanced AV receiver look and feel, that is fully resizable to the users preference
- Enhanced audio playback for 2-channel speaker systems
- Music Configuration - Tunings specialized for music
- External Speaker Configuration - Output specialized for external speakers
- Internal Speaker Configuration - Expert tunings for internal laptop speakers
- Bass Enhancement - Maximizes bass response capabilities according to speaker size
- Full-function stereo peak meter graphically displays audio activity for 2-channels
Audio Essentials Complete ($29.99) includes all of the (free) features plus:
- Music Genre Detection Audio Essentials automatically syncs with iTunes and Windows Media Player to detect the genre of music being played and adjusts the tuning presets accordingly
- Advanced matrix surround sound decoding for surround sound speaker systems
- Virtualized 360 degree surround sound over headphones
- Intelligent volume leveling and volume maximization
- Movie Configuration Optimizes the playback of movie content
- Game Configuration Optimizes the playback of video games
- Voice Configuration Optimizes the intelligibility of the human voice, ideal for podcasts and audio books
- Presets for several popular speaker configurations
- Customizable Graphic EQ with bass, mid-range and treble settings
- Full-function 5.1 peak meter - graphically displays audio activity for 5 channels
Supporting every major Mac OS media player and streaming content service, both versions of Audio Essentials are available now at www.srslabs.com/audioessentials for download. The SRP for the complete version of Audio Essentials is $29.99.
About SRS Labs, Inc. SRS Labs company description and important cautions regarding forward-looking statements made in this release are available at http://www.srslabs.com/boilerplate.
SRS Labs, Inc.
Michael Farino, PR Specialist
Global Results Communications for SRS Labs
Lora Friedrichsen/Valerie Christopherson
Investor Relations Contact:
Liolios Group, Inc.
Source: SRS LabsCopyright Business Wire 2012