PPG Honors Seven Excellent Suppliers
PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- PPG Industries (PPG) has presented seven Excellent Supplier Awards for superior performance in 2011.
On an annual basis, PPG purchases more than $7 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers. The companys criteria for Excellent Supplier Awards include product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPGs Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
We are pleased to recognize these suppliers, whose products, services, reliability, innovation and overall value in 2011 were outstanding, said Steve Lampe, PPG vice president, corporate purchasing and logistics. We consider them invaluable business partners who provide exceptional and significant competitive advantage to PPG.
Companies earning the 2011 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Dandy Service Corp., based in Warrendale, Pa., which provides local trucking service throughout the U.S. for PPGs chlor-alkali and derivatives business.
- Fisher Scientific of Pittsburgh, which provides maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) laboratory supplies to PPGs aerospace and chlor-alkali and derivatives businesses as well as several businesses in its Industrial Coatings, Performance Coatings, and Optical and Specialty Materials segments.
- Flanary and Sons Trucking, Inc., based in Church Hill, Tenn., which provides truckload transport in the U.S. to PPGs flat glass business.
- Hapag-Lloyd (America) Inc., based in Piscataway, N.J., which provides ocean transportation services globally to PPGs flat glass, chlor-alkali and derivatives, optical products, automotive OEM coatings, industrial coatings and packaging coatings businesses.
- Quali-T-Ruck Service, Inc., of Fresno, Calif., which provides intrastate trucking services to PPGs flat glass manufacturing plant in Fresno.
- Transport Corp. of America, Inc., based in Eagan, Mich., which provides dedicated truck fleet service and standard over-the-road trucking service in North America to businesses in PPGs Industrial Coatings, Performance Coatings and Glass segments.
- WTS, Inc., of Lewiston, N.Y., which provides byproduct logistics and management services and implements sustainable solutions in New Jersey for PPG related to the companys chromium cleanup efforts there.
PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.(TM)
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the worlds leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2011 were $14.9 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
Bringing innovation to the surface is a trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
PPG Corporate Communications
K.C. McCrory, 412-434-2445
Source: PPG Industries, Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2012