Digital Domain Media Group to Exhibit, Present at the SIGGRAPH 2012 Computer Graphics and Interactive Technology Conference
CEO John Textor Featured Speaker at Business Symposium; Digital Domain Institute Exhibits with Florida State University; Company Presents Panels and Courses; Recruits for The Legend of Tembo and Other Productions Underway in Florida, California and Vancouver
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Digital Domain Media Group (DDMG) announced that the company will be presenting, exhibiting and recruiting at SIGGRAPH 2012 -- the computer graphics industrys largest and most respected technical and creative conference, being held August 5 9 in Los Angeles.
DDMG CEO and Chairman John Textor will be a featured speaker at the Siggraph Business Symposium, a focused event designed to explore the business side of the industry and community. His presentation is part of a session that looks at newer business models from the companies and people defining the future. The Symposium is Sunday, August 5 at 2:15 at the JW Marriott Hotel, LA Live Diamond Ballroom.
The Digital Domain Institute and Florida State University will introduce SIGGRAPH attendees to their combined collaborative digital arts educational programs FSUs Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation and Digital Arts and DDIs Essential Skills and 3 Year Diploma programs, from its exhibit booth (#205). DDMG will be recruiting for visual effects, feature animation and production positions in its California, Vancouver and Florida studios from its Job Fair booth (16 & 17).
The company is also presenting at a number of panel and course sessions:
- Digital Domain presents a production panel on Real Steel. Digital Domain Visual Effects Supervisor Erik Nash and Digital Effects Supervisor Swen Gilberg join Associate Producer Ron Ames, Legacy Effects John Rosengrant, Animation Supervisor Dan Taylor and moderator Michael Fink on Tuesday, August 7 at 10:45 in Hall B.
- Digital Domain presents the panel session Virtual Production Branches Out, a discussion of how the digital technique is changing the way directors, actors and stories interact. Digital Domain Virtual Studio Supervisor Gary Roberts joins Wetas Matt Aitken, High Moon Studios Dave Cravens, Giant Studios Matt Madden and moderator Ray Feeney on Monday, August 6 at 9:00 in Room 502AB.
- Digital Domain CTO Darin Grant is a panelist in a session exploring high frame rate cinema and its impact on art and technology with filmmaker Douglas Trumbull, Producer Jon Landau, Industrial Light & Magics Dennis Muren, Christie Digitals Paul Salvini, Dreamworks Animations Lincoln Wallen and Jim Beshears, RealDs Matthew Cowan, Side Effects Softwares Luke More and Screen Industry Research and Training Centres John Heliker on Wednesday, August 8 at 10:45 in South Hall K.
- Digital Domain Stereo Group Director of Production Operations Jon Karafin presents a course in stereoscopic visual effects on Sunday, August 5 at 2:00 in Room 502AB
- Digital Domains newest work will be featured in a reel screening in the Electronic Theater throughout the week in West Building in Hall A.
SIGGRAPH 2012 will bring thousands of computer graphics and interactive technology professionals from six continents to Los Angeles for the industry's most respected technical and creative programs focusing on research, science, art, animation, music, gaming, interactivity, education and the web from August 5-9, 2012 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. http://s2012.siggraph.org/
About Digital Domain Media Group
Digital Domain Media Group leverages its expertise in digital visual effects (VFX) and computer-generated (CG) animation across a group of interrelated businesses. At its foundation is Digital Domain Productions (DDPI), an award-winning digital production company founded in 1993. This leading provider of visuals has contributed to more than 90 major motion pictures, including Titanic, the Transformers series, Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End and TRON: Legacy, hundreds of commercials, and recently created the virtual likeness of rapper Tupac Shakur for Dr. Dres show at the Coachella Valley Music Festival. Mothership, a DDPI subsidiary, focuses on creating advertising, entertainment and branded content from concept to completion, across multiple media platforms. DDMG, its work and its employees have been recognized with numerous awards, including seven from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The company is building on its success in VFX to participate as a co-producer in major productions and is currently co-producing the upcoming live-action sci-fi feature film Enders Game, as well as virtual likenesses for Elvis Presley that will be jointly owned by CORE Media Group and DDMG. DDMG also converts two-dimensional (2D) imagery to three-dimensional (3D) imagery and holds key patents in this area. The company is also applying its CG expertise to produce original, family-friendly animated feature films at its subsidiary Tradition Studios. The first movie, The Legend of Tembo, is in pre-production and two more features are in development. The companys education subsidiary, the Digital Domain Institute, sets a new standard in digital media education through a pioneering public-private partnership with The Florida State University College of Motion Picture Arts. DDMG is expanding its worldwide footprint of the highest quality visual effects and animation at the lowest possible cost through global partnerships in India and China. The company has studios in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Florida and Vancouver and is currently establishing studios in Beijing and Abu Dhabi. http://www.ddmg.co
Digital Domain Media Group
Julie Miller, 310-664-3412
Director, Communications and Marketing
Digital Domain Media Group
Shannon Burns, 772-345-8105
Vice President, Investor Relations
Source: Digital Domain Media GroupCopyright Business Wire 2012