See How Mission-Critical Intelligence Shifts “Ready for Anything” to “Ready for What’s Next” at APCO 2012
Motorola Solutions (MSI) shows the next generation technologies that help build safer cities
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- (APCO, Motorola Solutions, Booth #1213) Within the information flowing between citizens, responders and agencies is the intelligence that builds safer cities. Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MSI) is helping agencies collect more of it, make it actionable and securely distribute it across mission-critical devices and easy-to-manage networks. By turning noise into information, information into intelligence, and intelligence into safety, public safety agencies can do the absolute most with lessbuild safer cities, counties and states, and communities that thrive.
At APCO 2012, step into the Motorola city environment to experience the next generation of firefighting and policing, sit in the drivers seat of the next generation patrol vehicle, take command of the integrated multimedia communications center and see the integrated public safety network operations center in action.
Proceed with Intelligence
First responders need to stay ahead of whats next with mission-critical intelligence. They need better ways to guard their safety while they focus on making smarter decisions aided by easy collaboration and better situational awareness. And, their routine work in the field should be streamlined by reliable mobile data applications.
- Motorola equips the latest Ford Interceptor Sedan patrol vehicle with a full set of next generation communications equipment, including integrated cockpit controls, built-in push-to-talk, remote siren, light and door lock controls and LTE-enabled data applications running on the powerful new MW810 Mobile Workstation R2.0.
- For public works, utilities, transportation and rural public safety vehicles, the new APX" 4500 Project 25 (P25) mobile radio gives customers P25 interoperable communications so that all first responders can communicate during emergency situations.
- Future law enforcement officer and firefighter demonstrations show how todays and tomorrows devices, applications and sensors connected over P25 and Public Safety LTE networks tethered to incident command will help first responders be safer, smarter and more efficient. Featured applications include wearable cameras and sensors, advanced collaboration applications and the new Tactical Incident Command Solution for Motorolas APX P25 radios, which enables enhanced fireground roll-call of more than 200 personnel within mere minutes.
- For covert operations, the new APX 3000 P25 radio, combined with Mission-Critical Wireless covert audio accessories, helps undercover officers use a high-power concealed radio to blend into their surroundings while staying in constant communication.
- A P25 standards-compliant solution, ASTRO 25 with P25 TDMA trunking is part of Motorolas next generation public safety portfolio of solutions that is transforming public safety operations. The City of Apopka, Fla. , recently announced the worlds first deployment and acceptance of a dual mode ASTRO 25 system with P25 TDMA trunking.
Manage the Complexity
The IT department is the one link in the chain that can strengthen all others. Easier-to-manage networks and devices empower government IT teams to move beyond troubleshooting to become strategic partners, making their entire teams more effective.
- The Solutions Support Center area provides a window into the CIOs department that shows how Motorola gives the IT staff a single view into the operations and management of the entire next generation platform. A common portal will access network and device management for both ASTRO 25 radios and Motorola Public Safety LTE, provide asset management across the government enterprise, and demonstrate how Motorola solutions help enforce strict government cyber-security.
- A unified messaging service demonstration shows how Motorola integration services can enable secure sharing of text messages and presence information between ASTRO 25 radios, Public Safety LTE devices, tablets and PC-based email clients.
Connect with the City
Inputs from smartphones, from social media, from cameras, sensors and alarmsfrom everywhereare helping agencies see, hear and do more. Motorola helps agencies operationalize the data that surrounds them to make more intelligent predictions, more targeted counteractions and build a safer environment for both citizens and first responders.
- Motorola recently enhanced its alliance with Intrado to bring together the most advanced NG9-1-1 incident management solutions and services available today. By offering end-to-end NG9-1-1-ready solutions, Motorola can help public safety agencies immediately begin to improve call-handling capabilities, streamline their operations and speed up responses throughout the city.
- The Motorola next generation command center experience demonstrates how dispatchers workflows are streamlined with the new PremierOne Suite 3.2.1. Suite enhancements optimize the user experience with in-field reporting capabilities, integration with data-capable APX radios and local language support by region.
- The command center experience includes integrated fixed and mobile video systems, which make it easier to capture, analyze and quickly share video for improved first responder safety and better situational awareness in the field.
Come and join Motorola for the following presentations during APCO:
- Monday, Aug. 20, 2:30 p.m.: Stay Ahead of Whats Next with Mission-Critical Intelligence, Tom Miller, director of Public Safety Markets (former Lt. Colonel, Michigan State Police) and Bob Escalle, director of Product Management and Private Broadband Devices.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21, 1:15 p.m.: Narrowbanding: What You Need to Know to be Compliant, Al Ittner, senior manager of Spectrum and Regulatory Strategy.
Bob Schassler, senior vice president, Worldwide Radio Solutions, Motorola Solutions
This is an incredibly transformative time for government and public safety with an acceleration of technology that is bringing unprecedented capabilities and use cases. Motorola Solutions continues to work alongside government officials and first responders who are dedicated to building safer cities. We provide the technology and expertise that enable communications centers to capture, correlate and share critical information so that actions in the field become more informed and collaborative, turning ready for anything into ready for whats next.
Website: Safer Cities
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker MSI. To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Industry Analyst Relations Contact:
Mobile: +1 847-946-8062
Source: Motorola Solutions, Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2012