MarketAxess Announces Ninth Annual Charity Trading Day
Trading Revenues to Benefit Emerging Markets Charities
NEW YORK & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: MKTX), the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for U.S. and European high-grade corporate bonds, emerging markets bonds and other fixed income securities, today announced that its ninth annual Charity Trading Day will be held on Wednesday, September 12, 2012. MarketAxess (MKTX), in partnership with EMTA, will donate all emerging markets transaction revenues from the trading day to emerging markets charities.
We are pleased to announce our Charity Trading Day for the ninth consecutive year. This event is one of the ways we support the emerging markets community, and we thank our dealer and investor clients for their business. With the opening of our new office in São Paulo earlier this year, we are expanding our emerging markets trading network to better serve our EM clients. With their help in generating donations to these charitable efforts, we hope to make this years Charity Trading Day another great success, said Richard M. McVey, chairman and chief executive officer of MarketAxess.
Each year, charities are selected as beneficiaries by emerging markets industry benefit committees in New York and London. The charities that will benefit from this year's donations include:
- Children of the Andes, which supports aid to street children in Colombia, www.childrenoftheandes.org;
- Children of Peru Foundation, which makes grants to selected not-for-profit organizations to provide better healthcare and education for disadvantaged children in Peru, www.childrenofperu.org;
- Containers 2 Clinics, which provides containerized maternal and child health clinics in Haiti and Namibia to provide long-term, sustainable health service, www.containers2clinics.org;
- Cotlands, which provides support for children affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic in South Africa, www.cotlands.org;
- Downside Up, which provides support and education for children in Russia with Downs Syndrome, www.downsideup.org;
- Empower, a grant-making foundation which connects the emerging markets community with innovative grassroots organizations enabling young people to lead healthy, productive lives, www.empowerweb.org;
- Health Poverty Action, which provides basic health care to rural communities around the globe, www.healthunlimited.org;
- NESST, which provides financial and capacity-building support to social enterprises in Central Europe and Latin America, www.nesst.org;
- Orphaned Starfish Foundation, which works with orphans and disadvantaged children throughout Latin America and Ethiopia, www.orphanedstarfish.com;
- Shared Interest, which mobilizes resources for South Africas economically disenfranchised communities to sustain themselves, www.sharedinterest.org;
- Sri Lanka Care Foundation, which rebuilds and restores homes lost and damaged by the Asian Tsunami, www.srilankacare.org; and
- WorldFund, which promotes education in Latin America, www.worldfund.org.
The total amount of this years donations will be announced at the emerging markets debt industry's annual London and New York benefits, which are scheduled for Friday, September 21, 2012, and Thursday, December 6, 2012, respectively.
MarketAxess operates a leading electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess patented trading technology. Over 1,000 investor and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform, accessing global liquidity in U.S. high-grade corporate bonds, European bonds, high yield and emerging markets bonds, agency bonds, asset-backed and preferred securities and credit default swaps. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist clients with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other clients.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Hong Kong, Singapore and São Paulo. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com.
Founded in 1990, EMTA (formerly the Emerging Markets Traders Association) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the orderly development of fair, efficient and transparent trading markets for emerging markets instruments, and the integration of the emerging markets into the global financial marketplace.
MarketAxess Holdings Inc.
Florencia Panizza, +1-212-813-6029
Jonathan Murno, +1-646-289-5413
Source: MarketAxess Holdings Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2012