Capstead Mortgage Corporation Declares a $0.36 Per Share Third Quarter 2012 Common Dividend
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Capstead Mortgage Corporation (CMO) announced today that it will pay a third quarter 2012 dividend of $0.36 per common share on October 19, 2012 to stockholders of record as of September 28, 2012.
Capstead Mortgage Corporation, formed in 1985 and based in Dallas, Texas, is a self-managed real estate investment trust for federal income tax purposes. Capstead earns income from investing in a leveraged portfolio of residential adjustable-rate mortgage pass-through securities issued and guaranteed by government-sponsored enterprises, either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac (together, the GSEs), or by an agency of the federal government, Ginnie Mae.
Cautionary Statement Concerning Forward-looking Statements
This document contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, any statement that may predict, forecast, indicate or imply future results, performance or achievements, and may contain the words believe, anticipate, expect, estimate, intend, will be, will likely continue, will likely result, or words or phrases of similar meaning. Forward-looking statements are based largely on the expectations of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, the following:
- changes in general economic conditions;
- fluctuations in interest rates and levels of mortgage prepayments;
- the effectiveness of risk management strategies;
- the impact of differing levels of leverage employed;
- liquidity of secondary markets and credit markets;
- the availability of financing at reasonable levels and terms to support investing on a leveraged basis;
- the availability of new investment capital;
- the availability of suitable qualifying investments from both an investment return and regulatory perspective;
- changes in legislation or regulation affecting the GSEs and similar federal government agencies and related guarantees;
- deterioration in credit quality and ratings of existing or future issuances of GSE or Ginnie Mae securities;
- changes in legislation or regulation affecting exemptions for mortgage REITs from regulation under the Investment Company Act of 1940; and
- increases in costs and other general competitive factors.
In addition to the above considerations, actual results and liquidity are affected by other risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to be significantly different from those expressed or implied by any forward-looking statements included herein. It is not possible to identify all of the risks, uncertainties and other factors that may affect future results. In light of these risks and uncertainties, the forward-looking events and circumstances discussed herein may not occur and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statement is made and the Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Accordingly, readers of this document are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements included herein.
Capstead Mortgage Corporation
Kelly Sargent, 214-874-2339
Source: Capstead Mortgage CorporationCopyright Business Wire 2012