A New, Unified BURGER KING® Website Launched Across Latin America and Caribbean
MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Guests in Latin America and the Caribbean are just one-click away from a better BURGER KING (BKC) ® experience with the region-wide launch of a new, unified website. For the first time, every country across the region will have a website with a consistent look and feel that gives guests the opportunity to ask questions and leave comments and feedback for a more interactive experience with the brand. The site will be accessible in English, Spanish and Portuguese depending on the guests market.
Internet use, and in particular, social media engagement is on the rise across Latin America and the Caribbean. To capitalize on this growth, drive traffic to the new website and increase social conversation around the brand, Burger King Worldwide has also developed a new regional Facebook page for BURGER KING® restaurants across the region. Together the new website and Facebook page is set to engage a wider audience for the BURGER KING® brand and offer guests a better, more interactive experience.
Our vision is to become leaders in digital marketing for the quick service restaurant industry, says Jose R. Costa, vice president, marketing for Latin America/Caribbean Region, Burger King Worldwide. Latin America and the Caribbean are huge growth markets for our brand. This digital investment will leverage the increasing popularity of the internet and social media in these markets while accelerating the growth of our brand presence.
While the look, feel and main features of the website will be consistent across the region, each countrys site will be tailored to feature local menu items and country-specific promotional activities and guests logging on will be directed to the site specific to their country for a localized online experience.
Key features of the new website include:
- An interactive menu suggesting to guests products that are available during the time of the day they log onto the website. For example, if guests visit the website at 9 a.m. BURGER KING® restaurants breakfast menu will be featured on the site.
- Full nutritional information for each menu item featuring a calorie counter. This tool calculates the calorie content of their customized meals.
- An interactive restaurant locator detailing a restaurant's location and features such as Wi-Fi availability at the location.
- A featured promotions section specific for each country.
- Details on the BK POSITIVE STEPS® program which encourages guests to make more informed decisions on eating healthy and exercising, and to get acquainted with the positive strides BURGER KING® restaurants are making in their local community.
- A Whats New section where guests can find downloadable coupons and offers for their participating local restaurant plus details of new promotions in their area.
- A family friendly web page where parents can find full details on how to host a party at their local BURGER KING ® restaurant. This page includes an event calculator and links to a party advisor for additional help.
- A guest services section where, for the first time, customers can leave feedback on their BURGER KING ® experience as well as finding answers to frequently asked questions.
The Facebook page will offer customers another channel of communication with the BURGER KING® brand. Giving fans the opportunity to find out what is happening across the region, the Facebook page will feature a series of strong visual images of BURGER KING ® menu items to tempt guests into restaurants. The cover image will be updated on a regular basis highlighting new promotions, menu items and, to personalize the experience, loyal customers who post the best comments will have the opportunity to be featured as the avatar for the page.
ABOUT BURGER KING WORLDWIDE
Founded in 1954, BURGER KING® (NYSE:BKW) is the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The original HOME OF THE WHOPPER®, the BURGER KING® system operates in over 12,600 locations serving over 11 million guests daily in 86 countries and territories worldwide. Approximately 94 percent of BURGER KING® restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees, many of them family-owned operations that have been in business for decades. To learn more about Burger King Worldwide, please visit the company's website at www.bk.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Louise Frosell, +1 305-443-5454
Source: Burger King WorldwideCopyright Business Wire 2012