As Teen and Tween Smartphone Use Soars, NQ Family Guardian™ Offers Protection, Connection, and Parental Peace of Mind
DALLAS, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With kids 13 to 17 now representing the fastest growing group of smartphone owners(1), NQ Mobile" (NYSE: NQ) is giving families a way to make sure their mobile device experiences stay safe and fun. Today, the leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, announced the launch of NQ Family Guardian, a complete solution suite that gives parents and their kids the needed balance between protection and connection.
NQ Family Guardian's unique suite of services for safety and monitoring comprises a mobile app that is downloaded and installed on the child's smartphone along with a web-based control center that is accessible from any desktop or mobile browser. The app is currently available for Android devices, while the control-center is compatible with any web browser.
Key features for mobile management and protection include:
- Browser Blocker: Safeguard your children by blocking inappropriate websites
- App Filter: Make smart choices about which apps your children can access
- Contact Filter: Help your kids fight spam text and harassing calls by adding numbers to their block lists
- Schedules: Control your children's mobile phone use by setting up times when they can unlock their phones to make calls, browse the Internet, text, and more
- Monitors: Keep track of your children's locations, messages, calls, browsing histories, app downloads, and photos
- Geo-Fences: Set up a safe zone to for your children and receive a notification when they're outside of this safe zone
- Check-in: Get check-in messages when your children arrive safely at their destinations. You can also track their location if they forget to check in
- Panic Alarm: If your kids are in trouble, they can send an alert message to your phone with their exact location
"Recent Nielsen research shows that 58% of kids aged 13-17 own smartphones, and that number is expected to continue to climb. While most teens admit they've been given rules to follow, such rules have been difficult to enforce until now," said Gavin Kim, Chief Product Officer, NQ Mobile (NQ). "With NQ Family Guardian, parents now have the ability to unobtrusively manage their kids' mobile phone usage while also ensuring a safe and fun experience. "
NQ Family Guardian for Android is available as a free download on Google Play here. To set up an account for NQ Family Guardian, visit http://www.nq.com/familyguardian to learn more. NQ Family Guardian is available free for a 30-day trial. Subscriptions are available as low as $34.99 per year.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading provider of Freemium subscription services with approximately 204 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats.
NQ Mobile was bestowed the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum for its technology leadership and innovation in mobile security. To facilitate global expansion, NQ Mobile headquarters are co-located in Beijing, China and Dallas, TX, USA. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
(1) Nielsen, "Young Adults and Teens Lead Growth Among Smartphone Owners," September 10, 2012
SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.