Juniper Networks Unveils New Offerings That Enable Service Providers to Deliver and Expand Services up to 69 Percent Faster
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/02/12 -- Juniper Networks (JNPR), the leader in network innovation, today announced breakthrough products that will enable service providers to rapidly deliver and expand new consumer and business services at a rate up to 69 percent faster(1) than other market solutions(2). Results enable customers to address the urgent need to monetize their networks and support the escalating use of mobile and cloud applications while leveraging existing infrastructure investment.
The new set of software and hardware products run on the Juniper Networks® MX Series 3D Universal Edge Router, currently deployed by more than 2,200 customers worldwide, allowing the network edge to serve as a simple, single platform for everything the network has to offer. The router itself is powered by the Junos® Trio chipset, which enables unparalleled scaling of bandwidth and subscribers. Service providers, as a result, will be able to deliver new consumer and business value-added services, such as multi-screen video, digital advertising, and advanced virtualization software, that help them differentiate their business and increase revenue across residential and mobile broadband and enterprise services. Operational benefits include up to 42 percent lower total cost of ownership (TCO), 81 percent reduction in operation, administration and management (OAM) costs, and accelerated delivery of expanded services.(3)
The products build on previous innovation milestones that include Juniper's introduction of the first universal edge router, Juniper's prediction of a service provider network breaking point under legacy systems, and the introduction of a fundamentally new network approach that has since been adopted by the top 130 service providers worldwide.
Junos Content Encore with MX Application Services Modular Line Card enables the delivery of streaming television, video on demand and other premium content services over broadband connections across multiple device types, from mobile phones to laptops. This content caching application also consolidates all these capabilities onto a single line card, with enough capacity to stream up to 80,000 videos simultaneously.
Junos Web Aware empowers enterprise and consumer network operators to create new monetization services, maximize revenue per user, and further differentiate their fixed and mobile Internet access and subscriber customer relationships by providing parental control services and enabling targeted advertising.
- JunosV Firefly enables service providers to quickly deploy new virtualized managed services, such as virtualized security with additional services in the future, and increase their top-line revenue. Service providers who are hosting these services for their customers can ensure that traffic for each customer is completely isolated and secure from other users within the cloud.
Junos Node Unifier combines MX routers and Juniper top-of rack switches into a single virtualized element to simplify management of multiple nodes. This innovation enables service providers to streamline operations and ultimately reduce operational expenditures.
- Juniper Business Cloud CPE enables service providers' enterprise customers to offload complex monitoring and Layer 3 routing intelligence from their on-site premises and onto the service provider's MX router. For providers, this opens up new managed services revenue opportunities while reducing the operational overhead from additional on-site technician support. For customers, it reduces the complexity and cost of managing additional on-site equipment.
Network Optimization Services
- Through an array of advanced carrier-grade applications -- from security to traffic load balancing -- converged directly on the MX Series 3D Universal Edge Router, network operators can effectively reduce the number of single purpose devices that are expensive to operate and difficult to scale. The result simplifies network management and reduces infrastructure maintenance costs. This in turn enables rapid provisioning of new revenue generating services and reduces customer churn.
- "We are always looking for innovative ways to improve the service we provide to our customers and to reduce unit costs. Working with Juniper, we have developed a new way to deliver IP solutions. The network architecture has been simplified, allowing us to eliminate the need for router equipment at the customer's site. The first phase of the project, which covers Internet access, is helping Colt to remain competitive, and without the burden of another box on site, it will allow us to deliver new features and services from the network much faster than before. This is the first phase of our strategy to deliver cloud-based network services across the 22 countries we operate in throughout Europe."
- Luke Broome, chief technology officer, Colt Technology Services
- "We were looking for new ways to monetize our network by expanding our existing portfolio of innovative services we offer to our customers, and Junos Content Encore helped us do just that. The new LIME TV offering, enabled by Juniper Networks Junos Content Encore, delivers premium television content over our existing network infrastructure, providing entertainment services our customers love. LIME TV has been incredibly successful, and has increased our ARPU. We project LIME TV to gain more traction as we expand into new markets and offer advanced services, such as VOD, HD, DVR with Trick Play, in the near future."
- Dianne Bissoon, vice president, Television and Entertainment, LIME
- "Our research shows that service providers need to adjust their business models and product portfolios to leverage mass-customization and explore opportunities for personalization of services and content enabled by various types of network intelligence. Selecting the right technologies, choosing the right architectures and getting the timing right are also key to their long-term success. This strategy will enable service providers monetize their networks, will help to keep costs down and protect existing revenue, while securing future revenue through innovations and investment protection of their existing network technology."
- Akshay Sharma, research director, Gartner
- "Today's offerings are the latest example of how Juniper empowers service providers to increase revenue through their network at a level of simplicity, speed and scale that is fundamentally different from legacy approaches. It is a natural extension of our vision that began when we first introduced the industry's first universal edge router, providing the ability to rapidly build, deliver and scale services directly to the customer."
- Rami Rahim, senior vice president, Edge & Aggregation Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- Relevant Juniper and Customer Blogs:
- Case Study: LIME TV
- Relevant Juniper Website: www.juniper.net/edge
- Juniper.Net Community: http://www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
(1) A rate of 69 percent faster deployment translates to 41 percent fewer days to deploy
(2) ACG Research, Optimizing the Network and Monetizing Services with the Juniper Service Delivery Gateway, 2012
(3) ACG Research, Optimizing the Network and Monetizing Services with the Juniper Service Delivery Gateway, 2012
Media Relations: Pavel Radda Juniper Networks (408) 936-0431 email@example.com Investor Relations: Kathleen Nemeth Juniper Networks (408) 936-5397 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Juniper Networks