Oracle Named a Leader in the Transportation Management Systems Market by Leading Analyst Firm
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/15/12 -- Oracle (ORCL)
- Gartner, Inc. has placed Oracle Transportation Management in the Leaders Quadrant of its 2012 report, "Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems (TMS)." (1)
- Gartner Magic Quadrants position vendors within a particular market segment based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute on that vision.
- According to the report, "Multiple subcomponents make up a comprehensive TMS across planning (for example, load consolidation, routing, mode selection and carrier selection) and execution (for example, tendering loads to carriers, shipment track and trace, and freight audit and payment)."
- Built on modern, flexible, Internet based architecture, Oracle Transportation Management is a global transportation and logistics operations system that allows companies to minimize cost, optimize service levels, support sustainability initiatives, and create flexible business process automation within their transportation and logistics networks.
- With a share of 26% of worldwide software revenue for 2011, Oracle is also number one in TMS vendor share according to Gartner's report, "Market Trends: A Golden Opportunity in the Transportation Management System Market, 2012 - 2016." (2)
- "Shippers and logistics service providers face increasingly complex challenges as they try to reduce costs, secure capacity and improve overall freight efficiency," said Derek Gittoes, vice president, logistics product strategy, Oracle. "We believe our high standing in both Gartner reports is a reflection of Oracle's commitment to addressing these challenges by delivering the industry's broadest and deepest transportation management platform. With a flexible and modern platform, we are able to support customers with both basic transportation needs, as well as those with highly complex logistics requirements."
- Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems
- Market Trends: A Golden Opportunity in the Transportation Management System Market, 2012 - 2016
- Oracle Transportation Management
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems," by C. Dwight Klappich, August 23, 2012
(2) Gartner, Inc., "Market Trends: A Golden Opportunity in the Transportation Management System Market, 2012 - 2016," by Chad Eschinger and C. Dwight Klappich, September 24, 2012.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact Info Karen Hartquist Oracle +1.650.506.3552 Email Contact Simon Jones Blanc & Otus +1.415.856.5155 Email Contact
Source: Oracle Corporation