Northrop Grumman Highlights Range of International Security Capabilities at Land Warfare Conference, Australia
CANBERRA, Australia, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NOC) is participating in the 2012 Land Warfare Conference in Melbourne, Australia, where it will highlight a range of its integrated solutions for force protection, command and control, and cyber security.
The Land Warfare Conference is being held at the Melbourne Convention Centre from Oct. 30 to Nov. 2, and is aimed at users, providers, academics, designers and manufacturers to meet, share and exchange new ideas on land systems. The theme for this year's conference is "Potent Land Force for a Joint Maritime Strategy." The Northrop Grumman exhibit is in Area 21.
"Northrop Grumman's strong relationship with Australia goes back many decades and is built on a legacy of trust and performance," said Mike Twyman, vice president and general manager of the Defense Systems division, Northrop Grumman Information Systems. "Our core competencies in C4ISR, force protection, cyber security and unmanned systems are strongly aligned with the current and evolving global security priorities of our customers, and we continue to take advantage of our affordable, field-proven capabilities to add to our next-generation solutions."
Highlighted on the Northrop Grumman exhibit will be:
- The Counter-Rocket Artillery and Mortar system that uses sensors, command and control, and visualisation tools to detect or destroy incoming artillery, rockets and mortar rounds in the air before they hit ground targets and also provide soldiers with early warning of incoming indirect fire
- The Expeditionary Tactical Automated Security System, an integrated airfield and asset protection solution for force protection missions
- The Enhanced C4ISR Operationally Responsive Enterprise ISR fusion system, an integration platform that uses open, nonproprietary commercial off-the-shelf enterprise architecture and provides data sharing at all levels of operations to enable rapid mission integration, deployment, support, training and maintenance
- The LAND 75 Track Management System, comprising the International Track Server and International Command and Control Enterprise software, offers soldier-focused solutions that provide a recognised air, land and sea picture for interoperable, shared situational awareness, planning, friendly force tracking and efficient communications
- The Integrated Battle Management System that extends Northrop Grumman's command and control software by providing a seamless, self-forming, cost-effective combination of satellite and terrestrial communications to allow connectivity over diverse terrains
Also featured at the Northrop Grumman exhibit will be the advanced cyber security and communications capabilities of Northrop Grumman M5 Network Security. In September, Northrop Grumman completed the acquisition of M5 Network Security, a Canberra-based provider of cyber security and secure mobile communications products and services and advanced analytics to Australian military and intelligence organizations.
CEA Technologies, a partner of Northrop Grumman and one of Australia's leading military electronic systems and radar companies, will be highlighting a range of its capabilities. CEA specializes in the design, development and manufacture of advanced radar and communications solutions for civilian and military applications. On display will be the Ground Based Multi-Mission Radar.
Northrop Grumman has well-established relationships with Australia and other countries in the region, where it has been supporting a variety of both defence and civil programmes for more than 20 years. The company is a key subcontractor for the Wedgetail AEW&C, F-35 Lightning II joint strike fighter and the F/A-18 Super Hornet programmes.
Northrop Grumman has recently been awarded a contract to build a cyber test range for the University of New South Wales, Canberra campus at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Australia. The academy is a partnership between the Australian Defence Force and the University of New South Wales, and provides training and education for the future leaders of the Royal Australian Navy, Army and Air Force including the growing area of cyber research.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber security, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation