VMware Announces VMware vFabric(TM) GemFire(R) 7.0
"The monolithic database of the past cannot meet the needs of modern applications," said Jerry Chen, Vice President, Cloud and Application Services, VMware. "Proven through nearly a decade of production deployments in some of the most high-availability low-latency applications, VMware vFabric" GemFire® 7.0 solves difficult data challenges presented by modern, highly distributed web-oriented applications."
With this release, vFabric GemFire enables speed with scalability in the cloud, supporting terabytes of data in-memory and enabling high-performance within enterprise production deployments. Engineered for low latency, vFabric GemFire provides lightning fast, highly available and scalable data access for highly transactional modern applications, allowing businesses to run applications significantly faster than a traditional database.
What's New in VMware vFabric GemFire 7.0:
- Cloud scale at the speed of business - With enhanced caching and wide area network (WAN) capabilities, vFabric GemFire was engineered to support low-latency applications that can scale to support terabytes of data and hundreds of thousands of users. New, high-speed parallel WAN processing allows customers to scale vFabric GemFire across global sites without sacrificing speed or performance.
- Simplified monitoring and management - vFabric GemFire includes new graphical dashboard and performance monitoring capabilities that give customers visibility across distributed vFabric GemFire environments through a single console. A simplified command line interface (CLI) and new "DataBrowser" functionality allow customers to easily view data, make queries and control all aspects of the vFabric GemFire environment.
- Increased developer productivity - vFabric GemFire's modern APIs and integration with the Spring framework speed and simplify development. Now, vFabric GemFire includes integration with the Spring Data GemFire project, including documentation and code samples to make it even easier to develop and support scalable, transactional enterprise applications. Further, applications using Memcached can transition smoothly to vFabric GemFire with minimal to zero developer impact since vFabric GemFire 7.0 supports the Memcached client protocol.
- JSON document support - vFabric GemFire 7.0 natively supports storing and querying of JSON documents. vFabric GemFire brings enterprise-grade capabilities to a JSON store including very low latency, horizontal scale-out, transaction support, security and continuous query. It supports the ability to query between multiple JSON documents as well as across JSON documents and key/value objects. With this new capability, vFabric GemFire can be effectively used as a production-ready backend document store for REST and mobile applications.
Leading global 1,000 companies utilize vFabric GemFire including those in the financial services industry, online retail, travel and many others.
VMware vFabric GemFire 7.0 is currently available. For more information, please visit: www.vmware.com/go/gemfire.
- Learn more on the VMware vFabric GemFire website
- Discover vFabric products on the VMware vFabric blog
- Watch the VMware vFabric GemFire use case video
- Find out more about the Spring Data VMware vFabric GemFire Project
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2011 revenues of $3.77 billion, VMware has more than 400,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, vFabric and GemFire are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other names and marks mentioned herein may be registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective organizations. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
Media Contacts Sherry Bourzac VMware Global Communications 415.519.6180 email@example.com Patrick Mahoney The OutCast Agency for VMware 415.819.3222 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: VMware, Inc.