EMC Honored with TSIA STAR Awards for Commitment to Customer Excellence and Success
HOPKINTON, Mass., Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC Corporation (EMC) named winner of the Fall 2012 Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) STAR Awards for Innovation in Enabling Customer Success and Innovation in Product Supportability.
- EMC achieves highest level of prestigious TSIA Hall of Fame recognition.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced it has been named the winner of two Fall 2012 Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) STAR Awards for Innovation in Enabling Customer Success and Innovation in Product Supportability. The STAR Awards honor organizations that demonstrate exceptional leadership, innovation, and commitment to the continual improvement of technology services delivery industry-wide.
In recognition of 21 STAR Award wins to date, EMC ® has also earned its 4th TSIA Hall of Fame Achievement Award. This prestigious recognition places EMC at the TSIA Hall of Fame's highest level. The awards were announced October 17 at the Technology Services World (TSW) 2012 Service Transformations conference in Las Vegas.
- Innovation in Enabling Customer Success This award recognizes how EMC built a customer-centric governance model for its services business by anticipating a shift in the IT landscape with emerging customer requirements. Putting the voice of the customer at the center of every initiative has resulted in record levels of customer satisfaction and growth across EMC and the Global Services organization.
- Innovation in Product Supportability This award recognizes EMC for tightly integrating serviceability into the EMC ® VNXe® unified storage solution's management platform, EMC Unisphere®. As a result, Unisphere enables automated support, facilitates self-help and provides direct links to VNXe support experts. These features have been embraced by EMC's customers and partners while delivering high value and a superior customer experience.
Companies seeking the STAR Award undergo a rigorous evaluation process, with the winners selected by TSIA's service discipline advisory board members. Since its inception in 1990, the STAR Awards have become one of the highest honors in the technology services industry, acknowledging the contribution of companies of all sizes to the continual improvement of technology services delivery industry-wide. For information on the STAR Awards, go to www.tsia.com/awards_and_certifications/star_awards.html.
Brian Wroblewski, Senior Information Consultant, We Energies
"We have a true partnership with EMC. EMC's local staff is really familiar with our data center; they understand our configurations, and are more committed than other vendors we have worked with in quickly troubleshooting and resolving any issues that arise."
Andres Castillo, Global IT Infrastructure Solution Architect, Roche
"Customer support is one of the things that you don't really appreciate until you have an issue. When you do, you need a proven professional to provide good quality information and a rapid solution. For our company, that differentiates EMC from other vendors. EMC's focus on customer support is obvious in every interaction."
EMC Executive Quote
Howard Elias, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure and Cloud Services, EMC Corporation
"It's an honor to be recognized by TSIA for our continued focus on innovation and customer success in Global Services. Since our inception, a customer-centric culture has been engrained in EMC's DNA. We're continually transforming to meet the next wave of IT challenges so that our customers can more quickly realize and maximize the benefits of EMC technologies."
Tom Rich, Senior Vice President of Programs, TSIA
"The STAR Awards program is a long-standing honor in the technology services industry, recognizing world-class organizations that raise the bar for leadership and commitment to this important market space. EMC has clearly demonstrated its high-level dedication to delivering landmark results in the areas of product supportability and customer success, and it was an honor to recognize them at our TSW Service Transformations event."
- Learn more about EMC Global Services
- Join the #EMCGS and #EMCsupport conversations on Twitter
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube , LinkedIn and ECN
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset information in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
The Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) is the world's leading organization dedicated to advancing the business of technology services. Technology services organizations large and small look to TSIA for world-class business frameworks, best practices based on real-world results, detailed performance benchmarking, exceptional peer networking opportunities, and high-profile certification and awards programs. TSIA corporate members represent the world's top technology companies as well as scores of innovative small and midsize businesses in four major markets: enterprise IT and telecom, consumer technology, healthcare and healthcare IT, and industrial equipment and technology. www.tsia.com.
EMC, Unisphere, and VNXe are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. Other products and/or services are trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE EMC Corporation