Independent Testing Shows Motorola Solutions’ WLAN Architecture is Best-in-Class
Functionality and ease of deployment put Motorola (MSI) technology at the top of the list
SCHAUMBURG, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Motorola Solutions, Inc . (NYSE: MSI) WiNG 5 wireless local area network (WLAN) solution outperformed Aruba Networks and Cisco systems in an independent lab evaluation. Tolly, the industrys premier independent testing and strategic consulting organization, tested the three competitors in several areas deemed critical in remote branch office environments. WLANs are increasingly becoming the default network of choice for many businesses. As voice, video and bring your own device (BYOD) traffic on WLANs increase, so does the need for a solution that is easily deployable and reliable.
Among the reports key findings, the WiNG 5 solution delivered unique differentiation in the following areas in comparison to the other solutions tested:
- Eliminating the pre-staging of access points (APs) resulted in a deployment three times faster than Cisco and Aruba, leading to lower operating expenses by providing easier replacement and simplified procurement and stocking.
- Intelligence at the Edge enables APs to provide superior voice quality by making load balancing decisions at the remote branch, a critical element for voice over WLAN applications.
- 25% greater throughput than Cisco for business critical applications, efficient WAN link utilization and true site survivability as a result of eliminating the need for any traffic to be sent back to a controller for any reason.
- Remote troubleshooting tools make it possible for IT departments to easily pinpoint issues without dispatching additional resources, thus lowering operating expenses and improving response and recovery time.
- Zero-touch AP provisioning provides the ability to provision hundreds or even thousands of APs resulting in less time spent configuring a WLAN and reducing the chance of human error.
- The Tolly Report analyzed each companys WLAN solution including Motorolas WiNG 5 utilizing the NX9500.
Kevin Tolly, founder, Tolly Group
When business applications are delivered wirelessly, the WLAN becomes a critical element of the branch infrastructure. Motorola Solutions end-to-end offering provides a better quality user experience while maintaining high levels of security, resiliency and ease of use.
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
The Tolly Report emphasizes Motorola Solutions commitment to our wireless customers. The WiNG 5 WLAN technology is best-in-class for distributing intelligence, managing network traffic and giving enterprise owners and their customers secure and reliable access to the network.
Website: Motorola Wireless LAN Solutions
Website: Motorola Retail Solutions
About The Tolly Group
The Tolly Group, an independent testing and strategic consulting organization based in Boca Raton, FL, offers a full range of services designed to furnish both the vendor and end-user communities with authoritative and unbiased information. Additionally, The Tolly Group is recognized worldwide for its expertise in assessing leading-edge technologies.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker MSI. To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Motorola Solutions Analyst Relations
Source: Motorola Solutions, Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2012