Oracle Business Intelligence Applications Deliver Significant ROI According to a Study by Leading Independent Research Firm
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Oracle (ORCL)
- A recent commissioned Total Economic Impact (TEI) study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Oracle found that Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Applications can deliver significant ROI by providing complete, real-time, and enterprise wide insight for all users, enabling fact-based actions and intelligent interaction(1).
- After conducting in-depth interviews with four Oracle Business Intelligence Applications customers that shared quantitative and qualitative results, the study found that the companies realized the following key benefits:
- Significant ROI(2) - experienced a three-year risk adjusted return on investment of 97 percent with a 20-month payback period;
- Lower procurement spend(3) - realized five percent lower procurement costs in the first year and increased to seven percent in the second year;
- Accounts payable savings(4) - achieved savings of more than $1 million per year by the third year;
- Lower inventory working capital(5) - experienced 15 percent reduction in inventory for the affected product categories over three years;
- Increased gross sales and prices - increased gross sales by 0.4 percent in affected parts of the organization(6) and increased average sales price by 0.3 percent(7) over three years;
- IT and business labor savings - achieved efficiencies in both the IT and business sides of the organization;
- Forrester's TEI analysis measures costs and benefits in areas typically accounted for within IT. It also weighs the enabling value of a technology in increasing the effectiveness of overall business processes. This study provides enterprises with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of Oracle BI Applications.
- Oracle BI Applications are complete, pre-built BI solutions designed to deliver intuitive, role-based intelligence across every level of an organization, from front-line employees to senior management, enabling better decisions, actions, and business processes.
- Designed for heterogeneous environments, these solutions enable organizations to gain insight from a range of data sources and applications including the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle's Siebel CRM, Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle Fusion, SAP and other third-party sources.
- With native support for tablet and mobile devices, Oracle BI Applications support large numbers of concurrent users and are certified to run on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
- "I believe this study demonstrates the value that Oracle Business Intelligence Applications can deliver to its customers," said John O'Rourke, Vice President, Product Marketing for Business Analytics at Oracle. "By integrating business intelligence at the application layer, users with all levels of technical expertise can harness the power of business analytics to make valuable and profitable decisions."
- Oracle Business Analytics
- Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
- Oracle CRM Analytics
- Oracle ERP Analytics
- Connect with Oracle Business Analytics via YouTube , Facebook and Twitter
- To learn more about the findings of the Forrester Total Economic Impact Study, join us for the webcast on Dec. 11, 2012. Please register at: http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=541644&s=1&k=2E223EC590FAB781C95B6A02F9635C89
- (1) Source: "The Total Economic Impact of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications," a study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Oracle, October 2012.
- (2) Composite organization achieved this return.
- (3) This benefit was realized by three of the companies surveyed.
- (4) $1 million savings represents composite organization savings in total over three years.
- (5) 15% reduction in working capital is for the composite organization held constant over three years.
- (6) 0.4% improvement is for composite organization at a gross margin of 40%.
- (7) Composite organization achieved 0.3% increase in sales margin.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact Info Letty Ledbetter Oracle +1.650.506.8071 Email Contact Seema Kalra Oracle +1.650.506.2925 Email Contact
Source: Oracle Corporation