Xerox Shares Business Process Expertise with Non-Profits through Employee Paid Leave Program
NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Xerox (XRX) (NYSE: XRX) announced today that five employees will take a fully-paid leave of absence to volunteer for local non-profit organizations, engaging in activities ranging from simplifying the business operations of a global non-profit to making life a little easier for hospitalized veterans.
Xerox granted fully paid sabbaticals in 2013 to Joseph J. Bellmore and four other Xerox employees to work for non-profits inside their communities. Joe will work for the St. Joseph's food program in Menasha, Wis., and its CHAMP -- Community, Health, Activity, Motivation and Prevention - program, providing services that will meet the nutrition and health needs of food program participants. (Photo by Graham Washatka)
The paid leave is part of the companys Social Service Leave program, known as corporate Americas first community service sabbatical program that has loaned more than 500 employees to non-profits since 1971.
An appreciation of our people as well as a commitment to serving the communities where our people work and live are values deeply rooted in Xeroxs culture, said Ursula Burns , Xerox chairman and chief executive officer. Xeroxs Social Service Leave program allows our employees to bring our business process expertise to non-profit organizations in need. This program for years has given Xerox people experiences that not only enrich them personally but also professionally. They come back with renewed energy and spirit, and we all win.
Selected by a group of their peers, the following 2013 Social Service Leave recipients were chosen by a group of Xerox peers:
- Joseph J. Bellmore, Menasha, Wis., to St. Joseph Food Program . Bellmore will promote self-sufficiency to food program recipients through a program called CHAMP -- Community, Health, Activity, Motivation and Prevention.
- Joseph G. Green, Millsboro, Del., to Weekend Warrior Program. Green will establish a comprehensive donor list and develop a strategy and timetable for the organizations fundraising efforts.
- J. Irene Hickey Houston, TX, to Rotary Club University Area Foundation . Hickey will focus on providing low cost, fully furnished housing to firefighters undergoing treatment for on-the-job injury or medical conditions.
- John Lanphere, Webster, N.Y., to Save the Children . Lanphere will lead and develop a continuous improvement process while training and mentoring the Save the Children team to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Michael Muttera, Venice, Calif., to Venice Family Clinic . Muttera will prioritize efforts to improve service delivery, create greater efficiency and develop partnerships to obtain larger gains for the clinic and the communities it services.
Photos of this years participants are available upon request.
More information about Xeroxs community involvement, environmental stewardship and sustainability, workplace practices and corporate governance can be found in the companys Global Citizenship Report available at http://www.xerox.com/citizenship.
With sales approaching $23 billion, Xerox (NYSE: XRX) is the worlds leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its technology, expertise and services enable workplaces from small businesses to large global enterprises to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. The 140,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries. For more information, visit http://www.xerox.com, http://news.xerox.com or http://www.realbusiness.com. For investor information, visit http://www.xerox.com/investor.
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/rss. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
XEROX ®, XEROX and Design® are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20130204005546/en/
Alexander Charles, +1-203-849-5348
Source: XeroxCopyright Business Wire 2013