GNC Expands Boundaries of Innovation in Sports Nutrition
PITTSBURGH, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GNC Holdings, Inc. (GNC) (NYSE: GNC), the nation's largest specialty retailer of health, wellness and sports nutrition products, today announced its latest technology breakthroughs in sports nutrition and the evolution of several products in its industry-leading Pro Performance® line. GNC's expanded offerings will come as exciting news to athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all levels who seek to enhance overall workout performance with the latest product innovations.
"Over the last 25 years, GNC has built a powerful and unmatched reputation for creating cutting-edge performance nutrition products," said Tom Dowd, Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer and General Manager for GNC. "With these new performance technologies, we are again setting the standard in sports nutrition, even as more and more products enter this highly competitive category. Our reputation for scientific innovation and clinical validation only grows stronger and appeals to more and more athletes who want to compete at a higher level."
Due to our cutting edge product development, we now have 27 percent of the fast-growing sports nutrition business, and the Pro Performance line of products is approaching $300 million in sales and represents the largest sports brand in the U.S.
As part of GNC's aim to provide athletes with advanced products that deliver the most in quality and performance, the brand now features new delivery systems and certification advancements within GNC proprietary sports products, including the new Pro Performance® AMP Concentrated Intelligent Release Series and the Pro Performance® X.R. Series.
- Optimal Timing Technology (OT2") is a technology breakthrough that utilizes an intelligent nutrient delivery system in exclusive GNC formulas that helps athletes avoid the challenge and uncertainty of proper nutrient timing, while maintaining an extended release of fuel for muscles.
- Nitro-Factor", the industry's first on-pack Rating System for the product's full muscle-building potential, makes it easier for athletes to find the products that help them maintain a positive nitrogen balance critical to help them reach performance goals.
- Through a partnership with the globally renowned HFL Sports Science accredited laboratory, GNC provides Banned Substance Free Certified/HFL Testing throughout GNC's performance nutrition line, greatly reducing the concern athletes, parents, coaches and trainers may have relative to banned substances in organized sports.
In addition, GNC has taken the best-selling, clinically proven performance protein of all time, AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60, to a new standard with three brand new, innovative and customized formulas:
- Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Ripped Formula is GNC's first ever strength-enhancing thermogenic protein that delivers three times more calorie burn, boosts metabolism and builds strength, customized for athletes seeking to gain lean muscle and definition.
- Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Power Formula is a breakthrough performance product featuring creatine and fenugreek to support testosterone levels and deliver more anabolic power, proven to increase strength, and designed for athletes targeting maximum gains.
- Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Platinum Edition is available as a stronger than ever muscle-building formula featuring higher-dose components of glutamine, leucine and more fast-acting hydrolysates.
GNC Holdings, Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., is a leading global specialty retailer of health and wellness products, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplement products, sports nutrition products and diet products, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "GNC."
As of December 31, 2012, GNC has more than 8,100 locations, of which more than 6,100 retail locations are in the United States (including 949 franchise and 2,181 Rite Aid franchise store-within-a-store locations) and franchise operations in 54 countries (including distribution centers where retail sales are made). The Companywhich is dedicated to helping consumers Live Wellhas a diversified, multi-channel business model and derives revenue from product sales through company-owned retail stores, domestic and international franchise activities, third-party contract manufacturing, e-commerce and corporate partnerships. The Company's broad and deep product mix, which is focused on high-margin, premium, value-added nutritional products, is sold under GNC proprietary brands, including Mega Men®, Ultra Mega®, GNC Total Lean", Pro Performance®, Pro Performance® AMP and Beyond Raw®, and under nationally recognized third-party brands.
212-537-5177 Ext 2
SOURCE GNC Holdings, Inc