Oracle Introduces the Oracle Database Appliance X3-2
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/05/13 -- Oracle (ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 that provides up to twice the performance and supports over four times the storage as compared to the original Oracle Database Appliance.
- Customers can instantly grow their data volumes by simply connecting a Storage Expansion Shelf -- no administration required.
- Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 optionally features a Virtualized Platform, which is built on Oracle VM, enabling ISVs to package and ship a complete solution-in-a-box.
- With the addition of virtualization support, customers can quickly deploy complete, highly available solution appliances to remote branch office locations where IT footprint and skills may be a challenge.
- The Oracle Database Appliance Virtual Platform reduces software licensing requirements by leveraging Oracle VM's unique hard partitioning capabilities. It also extends pay-as-you-grow software licensing to all Oracle software.
- Oracle Database Appliance is a complete package of software, server, storage and networking engineered for simplicity and high availability to help customers and partners take advantage of the world's most popular database.
- By simplifying deployment, maintenance and support of database workloads, the Oracle Database Appliance helps businesses of all sizes reduce their risk while saving time and money managing their valuable data and applications.
Engineered System Simplifies Data Management
- With built-in one-button deployment, patching and database provisioning, simplified VM management and automatic phone home capabilities, the Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 reduces cost, resource and skills required to build and maintain a highly-available database system.
- Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 provides a flexible and scalable platform that enables organizations to ensure performance and minimize license spend by automatically pinning the database and application VMs to specific cores and maximize value by paying only for capacity used by database and applications.
- The Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 extends rapid deployment and simplified usability to: enterprises and partners by streamlining deployment and management via pre-configured Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database, Oracle WebLogic Server, and some Oracle Applications.
- The Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 further simplifies implementation and management of data workloads by integrating servers, storage, networks and databases for high availability. With a single appliance, customers can:
- Reduce power and cooling with a smaller IT footprint
- Decrease total cost of ownership by lowering both capital and operational costs
- Additionally, Oracle upgraded the Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 hardware with 512 GB of memory, 18 TB SAS disk storage and 800 GB flash to enhance performance for online transaction processing (OLTP) and data warehousing. Compared with the previous version, the Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 now offers:
- Up to 2X faster performance
- Over 4X storage capacity
- Almost 3X flash
- Over 2.5X the memory
- "When we introduced the Oracle Database Appliance, it offered growing businesses and departments a greatly simplified way to manage and harness the power of Oracle Real Application Clusters," said Sohan DeMel, vice president, product strategy and business development, Oracle. "With the second generation, we've infused this engineered system with up to twice the power and added virtualization support."
- "Temenos has certified the Oracle Database Appliance as an ideal 'Bank-in-a-Box' solution for T24 customers who are looking for reduced deployment costs and low maintenance with high performance," says Simon Henman, Technology Manager, Temenos, a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork with Oracle Database Ready status. "We are excited with the Oracle Database Appliance's new virtualized platform that will provide workload isolation between the database and application."
- "As a long time Oracle Fusion Middleware partner, we are excited about the new possibilities this opens for our customers," said Howard Moore, chief executive officer, Keste, a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork. "The ability to install, deploy and provision Oracle WebLogic Server together with Oracle Database on this device seamlessly, in less than 2 hours will give our customers unprecedented agility in getting new Java based applications up and running in record time. The ability to provision additional cores and 'pay as they grow,' coupled with the affordability of this appliance, makes it an attractive option for smaller to mid-sized companies."
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Database Appliance X3-2
- Register for the Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 Webcast
- Oracle Database Appliance on YouTube
- Nucleus Research: Assessing Oracle Database Appliance
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact Info Marcie Bradley Oracle +1.530.214.8068 Email Contact Joan Levy Blanc and Otus +1.415.856.5110 Email Contact
Source: Oracle Corporation