Motorola’s Real-Time Crime Center Solution Keeps Public Safety One Step Ahead of Criminals through Proactive Policing
New approach helps operationalize the data that surrounds us to turn noise into information and information into intelligence
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- (IWCE, Motorola Solutions (MSI), Booth #527) Information is everywhere, but capturing and filtering the right information and turning it into intelligence continues to be a challenge for cities across the country. With the Real-Time Crime Center solution from Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI), law enforcement officers can now approach an incident armed with more operational intelligence than ever before. Inputs from multiple data sources such as video, sensors, alarms, computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and records are processed with real-time analytics to deliver one operational view. This enables better situational awareness and allows for more proactive responses resulting in smarter and safer decisions.
Situational awareness made available with Motorolas Real-Time Crime Center solution is made actionable with our integration of a radio console to enable real-time direct voice communications with officers in the field and real-time video streaming to a vehicle or handheld device over existing carrier or private wireless networks. Our solution also enables the integration of existing public and private sector cameras to provide additional, live views.
Motorolas Real-Time Crime Center solution offers a flexible architecture that can be tailored to suit each agencys operating requirements while also allowing for future expansion. Expert Integration Services help connect CAD events, record queries, mapping and video applications. Additional resources such as criminal complaints as well as incident, parole and national crime databases could be connected to this Real-Time Crime Center solution. Professional Services help guide departments through visioning, training and needs assessments. Design and planning also will ensure that departments are well prepared for the organizational transformation ahead and can demonstrate measurable improvements to their communities.
According to the Police Executive Research Forum as cited in a recent Motorola white paper, 90 percent of police departments plan to increase their use of predictive policing over the next five years. The Motorola Real-Time Crime Center solution sets the foundation for agencies to operationalize these predictive policing strategies and realize the full promise of their video surveillance investments by turning video into a real-time crime fighting tool. With the Real-Time Crime Center solution, Motorola is helping public safety agencies across the country harness relevant data and move from reacting at a moments notice to more intelligent predictions and targeted counteractions.
- Advanced public safety analytics deliver intelligent data and video to anticipate crowd formations, recognize faces, or detect gunshots to help agencies become more proactive, shortening response times and optimizing resource strategies.
- Motorolas Real-Time Crime Center solution integrates existing agency records and databases with additional resources such as parole, national crime and inspections databases along with court systems and evidence management to magnify the impact of the analytics engines.
- Motorolas end-to-end video capabilities help agencies to move beyond basic monitoring. Streaming video can be shared between communications centers and responders with Real-Time Video Intelligence. This advanced software announced yesterday enables interoperability across public safety, public service and private enterprise video systems as well as analytics to trigger real-time alerts to significantly improve situational awareness.
- The MCC 7100 IP Dispatch Console enables full command of situations directly from the Real- Time Crime Center solution through encrypted, mission-critical dispatching capabilities.
- The Real-Time Crime Center solution works alongside Motorolas Command and Control technology which provides complete incident management, streamlining the entire call intake and dispatch workflow process from the moment a NG9-1-1 call is received to when the call is dispatched to field personnel and updated as new real-time information is received.
- Motorolas Real-Time Crime Center solution provides full onsite support services including 24x7 response and Motorola Solution Support Center (SSC) monitoring of the networks, applications, devices and security, helping ensure the mission-critical communications are always online.
Bruce Brda, senior vice president, Global Solutions and Services, Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions innovations in next generation public safety technology helps further develop the capabilities of law enforcement. The Real-Time Crime Center solution captures information with analytics and turns it into actionable intelligence that can be used by everyone involved in fighting crime.
Bob Schassler, senior vice president, Government Solutions, Motorola Solutions
From design, to deployment, to managing the complete communication system, our people and our technology are dedicated to helping the public safety community overcome the challenges they face every day. By processing inputs from multiple data sources with real-time analytics, we can help our customers see one operational view that enables more proactive responses to help build safer cities and thriving communities.
Solution brief: Motorola Solutions Real-Time Crime Center solution
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker MSI. To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Industry Analyst Relations Contact:
Source: Motorola Solutions Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2013