Finisar Executive Chairman, Jerry Rawls, to Speak at the 2013 OSA Executive Forum on the Future of the Optical Component Industry
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/13/13 -- Finisar Corporation (FNSR)
What: Finisar Corporation, the world's largest supplier of optical communication components and subsystems, today announced that Jerry S. Rawls, executive Chairman of the Board, will join a group of industry experts for a panel presentation "The Future of the Optical Component Industry" at the 2013 OSA Executive Forum held during the annual OFC/NFOEC exhibition and conference.
Where: Hilton Anaheim Hotel, Pacific Ballroom, Anaheim, California, USA
When: Monday, March 18, 2013 from 4:00-5:30pm PT
Register: Visit the OSA Executive Forum registration page
Finisar technology and market experts will also participate in the OFC/NFOEC conference located at the Anaheim Convention Center. Some of this year's company speakers include:
- Steve Frisken, CTO Finisar Australia, will participate on the panel: Will Flexgrid Networks be Worth the Investment? This panel will be held on Sunday, March 17, 4:30-7:30pm.
- Simon Poole, Director, New Business Ventures, will participate in the workshop: If the technology for SDM exists, do we want to use it? This workshop will be held on Monday, March 18, 9am-12pm.
- Chris Cole, Director of High Speed Optics Engineering, will participate in the workshop: How Can Optics Address Bandwidth and Latency Bottlenecks in Data Centers? The workshop will be held on Monday, March 18 starting at 9:00am. Chris Cole will also participate on the panel: Trends in Interconnects and Integration held on Wednesday, March 20, 1:00-3:00pm.
- Steve Joiner, Director of Transceiver Engineering, will participate on the panel: OIF Next Generation Interconnect Framework, to be held on Tuesday, March 19th, 11:00am-1:00pm.
- Julie Eng, SVP of Engineering, will participate on the Market Watch Panel: High Speed Pluggable Optics for the Data Center held on Tuesday, March 19, 3:00-5:00pm.
- Ken Falta, Senior Director, Product Management, will participate on the panel: The Future of ROADM Technology: Deployment and Functionality. This panel will be held on Tuesday, March 19, 4:30-6:30pm.
- Rafik Ward, VP of Marketing, will moderate the Market Watch Panel: Metro 100G Applications held on Thursday, March 21, 10:15am-12:15pm.
For more information about OFC/NFOEC, visit their website: http://www.ofcnfoec.org/home/
Finisar Corporation is a global technology leader for fiber optic subsystems and components that enable high-speed voice, video and data communications for telecommunications, networking, storage, wireless, and cable TV applications. For 25 years, Finisar has provided critical optics technologies to system manufacturers to meet the increasing demands for network bandwidth. Finisar is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, USA with R&D, manufacturing sites, and sales offices worldwide. For additional information, visit www.finisar.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Victoria McDonald Corporate Communications +1(408) 542-4261 firstname.lastname@example.org