Honeywell Testifies Before the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Benefits
PHOENIX, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (HON) executive Bob Smith, vice president and chief technology officer of Honeywell Aerospace, testified before the Subcommittee on Science, Space and Technology of the U.S. House of Representatives on the U.S., corporate and philanthropic needs and benefits around science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) initiatives.
Click here to view the written testimony.
Alongside leading public and nonprofit institutions, Honeywell has made a difference in STEM education through its award-winning and extensive corporate citizen initiative, Honeywell Hometown Solutions (HHS).
Honeywell promotes STEM at all educational levels and across the world through four main programs: FMA Live!, the Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy program, the Honeywell Leadership Challenge Academy and the Honeywell Initiative for Science and Engineering.
- FMA Live! is an award-winning hip-hop science education program designed to inspire middle school students to pursue studies in STEM.
- In conjunction with the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Honeywell developed the Educators @ Space Academy program for middle school math and science teachers. The Leadership Challenge Academy, also created in partnership with the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, is designed to encourage high school students of Honeywell employees to pursue math and science throughout their secondary education.
- The Honeywell Initiative for Science and Engineering gives students direct access to Honeywell's top technologists and engineers as well as some Nobel Prize winners.
In all, Honeywell's science and math education programs have helped inspire more than 300,000 next-generation scientists, one student at a time.
- Bob Smith, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Honeywell Aerospace
"STEM education is vitally important to the country, and Honeywell is deeply committed to supporting it. Initiatives in this area play an important role in developing the next great inventors and engineers who are the backbone of our country's and Honeywell's competitiveness. Honeywell combines community outreach and leadership with financial investment and volunteering to address core community needs in areas where we have unique expertise. Without question, our future workforce depends on our nation's ability to train and educate future scientists and engineers."
- Read the written testimony
- About Honeywell Hometown Solutions
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_aero on Twitter.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.