Trulia Offers Consumers a Brand New Experience Across Mobile and Web for Spring House Hunting Season
New Suite of Tools Include Refreshed Apps, Larger Pictures, And More Insights Into Neighborhoods
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Trulia (TRLA) (NYSE: TRLA), a leading online marketplace for home buyers, sellers, renters, and real estate professionals, has completed a period of rapid product innovation to refresh its consumer products suite in advance of the high-volume spring and summer house-hunting seasons. Multiple user experience enhancements have brought forth an exciting new arsenal of mobile and web home hunting tools to aid consumers in this critically busy home buying, selling, and renting season.
Housing is back, and for many consumers, this is the first time they are looking at real estate in many years. The tools and resources available today have drastically changed since they bought their previous home, said Lee Clancy, Trulias vice president of consumer products. Now, with Trulias revamped consumer products suite, consumers have the best tools, data, and insights available at their fingertips to help them find the right place to live in this new, improving housing market.
As a result of the improvements, when consumers log onto Trulia.com or fire up their mobile app, theyre greeted by big, bold photos, a sleek and refined search experience, and more useful information than ever before.
While on the go, house hunters can aid their search with the newest features from Trulia Mobile:
- View screen-sized photos on mobile: Images on mobile have been optimized to be larger than life on a small screen.
- Get better access to crime and local amenities: Trulias redesigned iPhone app makes it easier to get the inside scoop on crime rates and local amenities such as restaurants, banks, and grocery stores.
- Color-code your mobile searches: Easily distinguish the newest properties on the market via color-coded markers: black represents new, unviewed homes, while a grey marker denotes that users have already seen a property.
- House hunt in 3D with Trulias new Android Maps: Trulia Android apps were updated to incorporate the new Google Maps 3D, which provides more detailed and realistic map imagery, including actual structures.
- Find an agent on the go: Trulias iPhone and Android apps now enable prospective homebuyers to quickly find an agent in their search area with a single tap.
House hunters on Trulia.com can now boost their search with:
- Big, beautiful photos: The new, photo-centric experience on every property detail page features large photos, a clean user interface, and faster-loading pages.
- Recommended homes from Trulia Suggests: Moving beyond the search box, Trulia now offers a personalized, out-of-the-box approach to real estate search with property recommendations based on which properties consumers like and past search behavior, a first for the real estate industry.
- Streamlined search results: The search results page is wider, less cluttered and easier to scan, allowing users to find the right property more quickly.
- Home suggestions by email: New, targeted emails tap into the home shopping preferences of millions of other consumers to provide users with relevant home suggestions that may interest them.
ABOUT TRULIA, INC.
Trulia (NYSE: TRLA) gives home buyers, sellers, owners, and renters the inside scoop on properties, places, and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, crime, commute times, and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper-local advertising services, social recommendations, and top-rated mobile real estate apps. Trulia is headquartered in downtown San Francisco. Trulia is a registered trademark of Trulia, Inc.
Daisy Kong, 415-400-7391
Sr. PR Manager
Source: Trulia, Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2013