Pixelworks® Introduces Display Processor for Mainstream DLP Projectors
The PWC858DLP is the Newest Member of the Topaz Family
SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pixelworks, Inc. (PXLW), a pioneer in innovative video and display processing technology, today announced the availability of its newest member of the Topaz family, the PWC858DLP display processor, targeting the mainstream DLP projector market. This processor provides an integrated SoC platform that complements and enhances core DLP chipsets, which account for approximately half of the overall mainstream projector market.
Pixelworks PWC858DLP is a dedicated DLP solution that offers the highest level of integration, lowering cost and minimizing design footprint. The solution integrates a HDMI digital input and a high performance 8/10 bit Analog Front End (AFE) that supports all legacy analog video standards as well as resolutions up to WXGA at 120Hz. In addition, the PWC858DLP also addresses other critical new features including 2D horizontal and vertical keystone correction, advanced wired and mobile connectivity, and networking functionality.
We are pleased to announce our first dedicated product for DLP-based projector systems, which expands our target market to 90 percent of all projector volume. The PWC858DLP offers a cost-effective solution that enables critical new features and broadens our footprint with key DLP customers, said Graham Loveridge, Sr. Vice President of Marketing at Pixelworks. We believe that the Topaz family of display processors will further enhance our leadership position in the projector market by providing customers with shared hardware and software architectures across their entire projector product line, reducing R&D costs and accelerating time to market. Additionally, the Topaz platform also provides powerful and ubiquitous wired and wireless connectivity to address the rapidly growing importance of mobile connectivity across the projector market.
As part of the Topaz SoC product family, the PWC858DLP provides a comprehensive development platform that bundles Pixelworks extensive development tools and software suite to enable rapid development cycles and faster time to market. Customers can now leverage Pixelworks entire Topaz family of SoC products across a wide range of projection and video products. By having shared architecture, development environment and tools, the Topaz SoC family reduces redevelopment time as well as total hardware and software development costs for customers.
PWC858DLP Topaz SoC Features and Detailed Product Information:
- Supports DLP based projectors up to WXGA resolution
- Pixelworks advanced Image Processor with high quality H/V graphics scalar and patented Noise Reduction technology provides the highest quality video
- Wide angle horizontal and vertical keystone geometric correction provides the best possible image quality even for short and ultra-short throw DLP projectors
- Pixelworks patented Snap2Fit" technology provides easy display quality optimization for hassle-free setup for keystone calibration
- Integrated HDMI v1.3 digital receiver with HDMI v1.4a 3D support
- Integrated high performance 8/10 bit Analog Front End (AFE) supports all legacy analog video standards
- Patented 2D Comb filter stabilizes and removes virtually all Cross-Color, Cross-Luma artifacts in any composite PAL/SECAM/NTSC signal
- Embedded USB2.0 device controller for simple USB-enabled connectivity
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet MAC for LAN connectivity with Pixelworks extensive network display solutions software suite allows seamless wired or wireless connectivity
- Integrated On-System Display (OSD) menu controller with high quality graphics supporting 8/16 bit color
- Powerful ARM9 processor core for embedded application customization
About Pixelworks, Inc.
Pixelworks creates, develops and markets video display processing technology for digital video applications that demand the very highest quality images. At design centers around the world, Pixelworks engineers constantly push video performance to keep manufacturers of consumer electronics and professional displays worldwide on the leading edge. The company is headquartered in San Jose, CA. For information on the company or Pixelworks VueMagic" Mobile Presenter, please visit http://www.pixelworks.com or http://pwPresenter.pixelworks.com.
For additional information on new products, as well as product demos, please contact your local Pixelworks office (http://www.pixelworks.com/locations.php) to obtain an invitation.
Note: Pixelworks, the Pixelworks logo and VueMagic are registered trademarks of Pixelworks, Inc.
Brett L. Perry, +1-972-239-5119 ext 159
Director of IR
Graham Loveridge, +1 408-200-9264 x 2064
Source: Pixelworks, Inc.Copyright Business Wire 2013