Quantum Delivers Simple, Open Standards Backup and Archive for Virtualized Environments
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/13 -- Quantum Corp. (DSS.Q) (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced enhancements to the popular Quantum vmPRO" software that bring open standard data protection and archive capabilities to virtualized environments. In addition to disk or cloud, vmPRO 3.1 now leverages Scalar LTFS tape technology to provide user-accessible, searchable archive capabilities for VMware data. The new software also greatly simplifies management while improving performance and workload efficiency for backing up virtual machines in their native VMware (VMDK) format.
Open, Simple and Fast VM Protection and Archive
- User-Accessible, Searchable Data Protection and Archive in Native VMware Format: Quantum vmPRO 3.1 enables companies to access and recover backup and archive VM data from disk, tape or cloud across its lifecycle. By backing up VMs in native state, users can instantly boot VMs from any remote site, including the cloud, without requiring a proprietary backup application, ensuring future-proof flexibility to adopt the latest backup technology.
- VMware Data Protection Made Simple: Quantum vmPRO is designed to provide easy deployment for backup and recovery, allowing users to browse, search and retrieve individual files from any standard file browser with drag and drop simplicity. New features to reduce administrative time include automatic configuration protection and aggregated management for multiple Quantum vmPRO virtual appliance deployments.
- Significantly Higher Performance: Quantum vmPRO 3.1 achieves dramatically improved performance with the addition of HotAdd support from VMware, as well as the ability to perform multiple backup jobs simultaneously, and includes enhancements to its patented technology to efficiently read only what is truly necessary for a backup job.
- Improved Management: Customers can use Quantum Vision" software to initiate and push upgrades to Quantum vmPRO for better overall management of VM backups.
All-Virtual Backup to Q-Cloud
Continuing the advancement of virtual data protection technologies, Quantum also today announced the new DXi V4000. This all-software, all-virtual solution provides 24 TB of usable capacity for deduplication, encryption and replication to DXi® appliances as well as Q-Cloud, Quantum's cloud backup and disaster recovery solution. Combined with vmPRO 3.1, the DXi V-Series provides a simple, native, all-virtual data protection solution that works with existing customer environments.
- Greg Sollenberger, solution architect, H.A. Storage: "vmPRO has proven itself as a simple but powerful approach to protecting VMs, and the addition of support for LTFS tape should broaden its appeal for customers looking for long-term, economical backup and archive solutions."
- Jason Buffington, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group: "Quantum has the rather unique capability to offer customers the complete range of data protection, from deduplicated DXi disk to LTO tape to Q-Cloud, leveraging vmPRO software or other third-party data protection products. Combining VM protection with LTFS (and disk) makes sense to me, as customers look for ways to decommission VMs or make them portable -- as easily as they provision them these days. Combined with the announcement of the DXi V4000 -- which solution providers should be thrilled to hear about -- it is apparent that Quantum is committed to blazing a trail that meets customers' evolving needs."
- Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum: "Backup and archive continue to converge, and vmPRO 3.1 is on the front line of that trend. Companies increasingly treat their data as an asset, and by bringing open standards archive capabilities to virtual machines, vmPRO is enabling customers to enjoy the economic benefits of both virtualization and tape for long-term retention."
- To download a free, fully functional copy of Quantum vmPRO Standard Edition, visit: www.quantum.com/vmpro
- To attend a weekly vmPRO live demo: www.quantum.com/vmprodemo
- To view a SlideShare presentation on vmPRO 3.1, visit: https://www.slideshare.net/QuantumCorp/vmpro-31-new-features
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain" they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, Q-Cloud, Quantum Vision, Quantum vmPRO and Scalar are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation (QTM) and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum vmPRO software and Quantum's DXi V-Series appliances and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such software and appliances are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 8, 2013 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Contact: Bob Wientzen Public Relations Quantum Corp. (720) 406-5667 email@example.com
Source: Quantum Corporation