Norton Public Betas Now Available
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/21/13 -- Today Symantec (SYMC) released the public betas of the latest versions of the award-winning Norton 360, Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus products. Available for free download from the Norton beta website, this pre-release software is designed for compatibility with the upcoming release of Windows 8.1, and to improve on the industry's best protection(1) and performance(2).
With the latest betas, Norton continues to deliver best-of-breed technologies to keep consumers protected from today's complex and evolving online threats. The betas are engineered for outstanding protection, performance and the best possible user experience. Key improvements include:
- Stronger Protection -- Improved effectiveness of reputation-based (Norton Insight) and behavioral-based (SONAR) protection engines keep consumers safe from evolving threats
- Improved Performance -- Lower memory usage and improved file copy speeds make performance even faster and lighter
- Enhanced Norton Identity Safe Experience -- Increased stability, improved form-filling and an easy-to-access vault search in order to find favorite saved sites deliver a seamless user experience. Also includes better cross-platform functionality for users with mobile devices
The Norton 360, Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus betas are available for free download now at the Norton Beta Center. Beta testers are encouraged to share feedback and discuss their product experiences in our online Norton Public Beta Forum .
Symantec protects the world's information, and is a global leader in security, backup and availability solutions. Our innovative products and services protect people and information in any environment -- from the smallest mobile device, to the enterprise data center, to cloud-based systems. Our world-renowned expertise in protecting data, identities and interactions gives our customers confidence in a connected world. More information is available at www.symantec.com or by connecting with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/socialmedia.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec, the Symantec Logo, the Checkmark Logo, and Norton are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
(1) "Real World Protection and Remediation Testing Report," AV-Test, August 2012
(2) "2013 Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks," PassMark, August 2012