Oracle Delivers Transformational Capabilities With New In-Memory Applications for Oracle Value Chain Planning
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/18/13 -- Oracle (ORCL)
Faced with increasing demand volatility, more complex supply chains, and exploding data volumes, organizations are finding it increasingly difficult to plan their supply chains and cost effectively meet their customers' needs. To help organizations address these complex challenges, Oracle has introduced two new Oracle Value Chain Planning In-Memory Applications on Oracle Engineered Systems. Utilizing the unprecedented performance of the next evolution of in-memory computing, the new applications transform planning processes and help turn supply chains into information-driven value chains.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of two new Oracle In-Memory Applications for Oracle Value Chain Planning: Oracle In-Memory Consumption-Driven Planning and Oracle In-Memory Performance-Driven Planning.
- Optimized from the ground up to take full advantage of the unique capabilities of Oracle Engineered Systems such as Oracle Exadata Database Machine, these new applications provide unparalleled performance and help customers manage larger data volumes, reduce planning cycle times, and make better decisions.
- Oracle In-Memory Consumption-Driven Planning helps organizations understand and respond on a daily basis to true end-customer demand thus helping to reduce bullwhip effect and to improve on-shelf availability and inventory turns.
- Oracle In-Memory Performance-Driven Planning helps organizations analyze and plan massive amounts of supply chain data and get better, more timely business insights to simulate multiple real-time scenarios in order to improve decision making and reduce risk.
- Oracle Value Chain Planning is a fully integrated solution covering a complete spectrum of planning requirements to help more effectively and profitably design, plan, and service the value chain landscape. Its modular architecture enables companies to match deployments to both their business needs and process maturity, and expand in both dimensions as required.
In-Memory Consumption-Driven Planning: Move Planning Closer to the Consumer
In-Memory Consumption-Driven Planning offers features such as:
- Use of granular consumption data, such as daily store-level point of sale (POS) data, to calculate a time-phased sell-in forecast
- Scalability for daily store-level replenishment planning
- Consumption-driven and traditional distribution center-level demand management in single system
- Ability to create an enterprise demand plan across multiple channels
- Integrated execution with the rest of Oracle Value Chain Planning
In-Memory Performance-Driven Planning: Near Real Time Interactive Planning, Simulation, and Analysis
In-Memory Performance Driven Planning offers features such as:
- Extreme speed for plan data collection, plan run, and plan archive processing to enable reduced end-to-end planning cycle time
- Increased planning scale for enterprise wide planning across multiple segments and a large number of products and organizations
- Enables the full advantage of the horizontal scalability and high reliability of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) when running Oracle Value Chain Planning applications
- Advanced visualization and graphics making it easier to analyze large data sets and find the right information
- "Traditional systems are unable to provide the step change in performance required for today's complex, responsive and data-intensive supply chains," said Rick Jewell, Senior Vice President of Applications Development, Oracle. "With the capabilities offered by the new in-memory applications for Oracle Value Chain Planning coupled with the extreme performance of Oracle Engineered Systems, customers can enable transformational business processes for profitable growth at a lower total cost of ownership."
- "Modern supply chains are increasingly complex and volatile," said Simon Ellis, Practice Director, Supply Chain Strategies, IDC Manufacturing Insights. "To keep up with these ever changing challenges, it is more important than ever for companies to gather, analyze and make important, timely decisions based on extremely large volumes of gathered data. The closer a company is able to get toward real-time planning, simulation and analysis of this information, the more competitive they can be in today's environment."
- Oracle In-Memory Applications
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Value Chain Planning
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Datasheet: Oracle In-Memory Consumption-Driven Planning
- Datasheet: Oracle In-Memory Performance-Driven Planning
- Whitepaper: Oracle In-Memory Consumption-Driven Planning
- Whitepaper: Oracle In-Memory Performance-Driven Planning
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact Info Karen Hartquist Oracle +1.650.506.3552 Email Contact Simon Jones Blanc & Otus +1.415.856.5155 Email Contact
Source: Oracle Corporation