Seeking Alpha

Bank analyst Martin Weiss says the U.S. economy and stock market are going to get crushed in...

Bank analyst Martin Weiss says the U.S. economy and stock market are going to get crushed in 2012. The gap between the super-rich and the other 99% of America is now as wide as it was before the 1929 crash. Class warfare coupled with an exploding global population and limited resources will "lead to the mother of all national security issues."
Comments (10)
  • jbind
    , contributor
    Comments (73) | Send Message
     
    The link in the post is bad. Thanks.
    27 Dec 2011, 12:43 PM Reply Like
  • mike8599
    , contributor
    Comments (592) | Send Message
     
    The entire post is bad....

     

    These doomsday predictions are getting boring.
    27 Dec 2011, 12:47 PM Reply Like
  • Stoploss
    , contributor
    Comments (1727) | Send Message
     
    No worries, as soon as we raise the debt ceiling, next week, all will be well! When your already at 100% of debt to gdp, who gives a shit.

     

    10 T should last him through 2016.

     

    OK, 20T. Forgot about the free everything, thing.
    27 Dec 2011, 12:59 PM Reply Like
  • jbind
    , contributor
    Comments (73) | Send Message
     
    Who is he? The request is in order to pay for spending that has passed both houses.
    27 Dec 2011, 01:08 PM Reply Like
  • The Patriot
    , contributor
    Comments (323) | Send Message
     
    His timing may be off but it is the natural progression of history. Its coming : (
    27 Dec 2011, 12:54 PM Reply Like
  • Hubert Biagi
    , contributor
    Comments (698) | Send Message
     
    The "natural progression" is that life is getting better and better, despite the naysayers. The human race has flourished because of global warming (after the last ice age) not in spite of it. People are living longer, healthier, and more fulfilling lives. Technology has brought fantastic benefits and capabilities for the common man. And there in lies the rub... more and more people are making poor decisions and then avoiding responsibility for those decisions. They are under the illusion that modern society can and should guarantee life, liberty, and happiness (not just it's pursuit). Many have gotten ahead of themselves, in this respect. From the man on the street to the world leaders. Bottom line, life will always be a challenge, no matter what governments promise. Those who relegate control of their lives to someone else because it's easier will never amount to much, despite all the advantages...
    27 Dec 2011, 01:09 PM Reply Like
  • Agbug
    , contributor
    Comments (1128) | Send Message
     
    That article isn't even good doomster stuff. 261,000 lobbyists is an interesting number though.
    27 Dec 2011, 01:06 PM Reply Like
  • joro_ianev
    , contributor
    Comments (386) | Send Message
     
    Oh, the 1% versus 99% again. Ok, tax them if you so wish and see them leave. It is a time-proven technique, particularly in the Nordic countries, that the Left is so fond of. Of course, the tax on capital will raise our unemployment further, but such collateral damage can't be helped in light of our nations' economic stupidity.

     

    As for democracy ... can you have a democracy when 47% of the people saddle the remaining 53% with 99% of the bill to run the country? The 'payers' are actually less than 53% of the population, as the 53% includes people on government payroll (direct on indirect). My estimates of the 'net payers' are around 35%.

     

    As for the prediction of 2012 doom, well, with 100% debt-to-gdp and a president, who is in love with trillion-dollar deficits, our financial crash can't be too far ahead. Hopefully we change course next year. Let's make it a new-year's wish!
    27 Dec 2011, 01:45 PM Reply Like
  • runlong
    , contributor
    Comments (93) | Send Message
     
    I just want to know when to buy puts..... anyone got a idea on the timing......thanks
    27 Dec 2011, 03:53 PM Reply Like
  • okiepoor
    , contributor
    Comments (11) | Send Message
     
    "Let them eat cake"......"Off with their Heads."
    27 Dec 2011, 04:25 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector