- With about 22% of global ad spending digital and growing, the deal is aimed regaining some of the power back from Silicon Valley giants such as Google (GOOG) and Facebook (FB).
- Omnicom (OMC) and Publicis (PGPEF.PK) hope to be able to use their scale to optimize the use of data-driven analysis and the automated trading of ad space.
- Deal will need antitrust clearance in around 45 countries, but Omnicom CEO John Wren is confident the companies will receive it.
- WPP (WPPGY) CEO Martin Sorrel: "It's an extremely bold, brave and surprising move," he says. "Further consolidation of our industry is inevitable." (previous)
- Havas (HAVSF.PK) CEO David Jones: "The deal is "an industrial merger in the digital age," he says. "Clients today want us to be faster, more agile, more nimble and more entrepreneurial — not bigger and more bureaucratic and more complex."
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Benzinga.com (Sat, 7:33PM)
at MarketWatch.com (Fri, 5:08PM)
at MarketWatch.com (Fri, 3:51PM)
at Benzinga.com (Fri, 12:00PM)
at MarketWatch.com (Fri, 10:14AM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs