- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU): Q2 net loss widens to €885M from €254M last year and vs expectations of €280M; operating profit €24M vs loss of €86M and consensus for loss of €39.4M.
- Revenue +1.9% to €3.61B vs forecasts of €3.48B, with sales boosted by a large increase in revenue from North America.
- Takes €552M impairment charge related to the reorganization of the company's wireless business and €194M restructuring charge.
- Cuts €120M in costs, cash burn drops to €248M from €517M.
- Qualcomm (QCOM) is buying a small stake in Alcatel-Lucent as part of an R&D pact to make new wireless transmitters for homes and offices; ALU plans to seek a total of 3-5 strategic partners that will acquire small holdings.
- Shares +7.6% in Paris. (PR)
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Apr 8, 2015)
at Investopedia (Apr 7, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 25, 2015)
Alcatel Lucent : Bell Labs launches consulting division to advise industry on path to network of 2020at 4-traders.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 23, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs