- Take-Two (TTWO) expects FQ2 revenue of $750M-$800M and EPS of $1.20-$1.35, below a consensus of $814.6M and $1.57.
- But FY14 revenue/EPS guidance has been raised to $1.775B-$1.875B and $2.25-$2.50 from a prior $1.75B-$1.85B and $2-$2.25 (consensus is at $1.85B and $2.35).
- The launches of Grand Theft Auto V (due Sep. 17) and NBA 2K14 (due in "late 2013") will likely make or break FY14 for Take-Two.
- FQ1 EPS lifted by a 30% Y/Y drop in opex, stemming largely from a 47% drop in sales/marketing spend to $41.6M. R&D spend +36% to $20.8M.
- "Digitally delivered content" sales rose 128% Y/Y and made up 52% of revenue.
- Consoles 73% of revenue, PC/other 25%, handheld just 2%.
- 60% of revenue came from U.S, even with FQ4 and up from 47% a year ago.
- Borderlands 2, NBA 2K13, Grand Theft Auto IV, and BioShock Infinite were the biggest FQ1 revenue contributors.
- FQ2 results, PR
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 13, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Feb 4, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 4, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 15, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 8, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs