- France's Schneider Electric (SBGSF.PK) has agreed to acquire U.K. based Invensys (IVNSF.PK) for £3.4B ($5.2B) in cash and shares.
- Schneider is offering 502 pence a share, or a 14% premium to Invensys' closing price of 440 pence on July 11, before the negotiations between the firms became public.
- The deal provides Schneider with software and control systems used by chemicals makers, oil refineries, and mining companies.
- Expects €400M in annual revenue synergies by 2018, which would increase earnings by €65M in that year. Schneider also forecasts €140M in annual cost savings by 2016, and €80M euros in annual tax savings over the first five years. (PR)
- Schneider H1 net profit €831M vs €876M a year earlier and vs consensus of €837M. (PR)
Schneider to buy Invensys for £3.4B
Jul 31 2013, 03:48 ET