- Betting on economic recovery in the eurozone, Goldman Sachs Asset Management recently doubled its overweight position in European equities to more than 8%.
- After bouncing along the bottom for years, "there are some positive signs of improvement," says CIO of international equities Eddie Perkins.
- One sector of note is pharmaceuticals trading at a 50% discount to their U.S. peers, says Perkins.
- GSK, SNY, SHPG, AZN, NVS, BAYRY.PK, RHHBY.OB come to mind
- One caveat, says Perkins, is emerging market exposure - listed European companies get one-third of their revenue from EM and to the extent those countries are weak, it could lead to poor results.
- ETFs of interest: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU.
- Earlier: Eurozone unemployment drops for first time in 2 years.
at CNBC.com (Nov 14, 2014)