- Garmin's (GRMN +2.8%) 2013 revenue, gross margin, and and EPS guidance is unchanged.
- Automotive/mobile revenue (49% of total) continues to fall thanks to smartphones: sales -12% Y/Y in Q2 vs. -10% in Q1. CEO Cliff Pemble: "We also anticipate that declines in the PND market will continue to be a significant headwind. [Q3] will be particularly challenging..."
- But Aviation sales were healthy (+16% was +10% prior), and so were Marine (+7% vs. -10%) and Outdoor (+6% vs. -1%). Fitness +3% vs. +2%.
- Outdoor, Fitness, and Aviation all have 65%-70% gross margins. Marine has a 56% GM, and Automotive/Mobile only 45%. Thus a mix shift away from PNDs lifts Garmin's margins.
- Gross margin was 55%, +300 bps Q/Q (seasonality a factor) but -400 bps Y/Y. Op margin was 24% vs. 15% in Q1 and 28% a year ago.
- Opex -2% Y/Y vs. -3% rev. growth.
- CC at 10:30AM ET (webcast)
- Q2 results, PR
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at 4-traders.com (Tue, 5:37PM)
at Zacks.com (Mar 17, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Feb 26, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs