- The good vibes from American Capital Agency (AGNC -2.7%) and American Capital Mortgage (MTGE -1.4%) earnings are somewhat snuffed out by rising Treasury yields which have returned to about their highs of early July following strong ADP and GDP prints this morning.
- The 10-year Treasury yield is up 7 bps to 2.69%.
- Both AGNC and MTGE rallied along with the rest of the mREIT sector (REM -1.5%) on smaller-than-expected Q2 book value declines, but rising bond yields could lead to further drops in Q3 (though Gary Kain made the case for his portfolios being well-hedged).
- Annaly (NLY -1.7%) - reports tonight, Armour (ARR -1.4%), Invesco (IVR -2.3%) - reports tomorrow morning, Two Harbors (TWO -1.9%), MFA Financial (MFA -3%), Capstead (CMO -2.2%), CYS Investments (CYS -2.4%), Hatteras (HTS -1.7%).
- MTGE earnings last night.
Mortgage REIT rally snuffed out by rising yields
Jul 31 2013, 10:23 ET