- Though InterActiveCorp's (IACI -7%) Q2 results beat expectations, investors are taking profits following a strong rally from the Internet mini-conglomerate's January lows.
- Slumping margins might be worrying some investors. IAC's Q2 op. margin was 13.3%, down from 14.3% a year ago. A key reason: IAC's Local and Media units, which include video site Vimeo (seeing "strong growth"), local ad platform CityGrid (seeing declining revenue), and the struggling Newsweek Daily Beast JV, saw a combined $8M op. loss vs. a $4.4M op. profit a year ago.
- The Search & Applications division (53% of revenue, includes Ask.com) performed well: sales +23% Y/Y (+13% exc. the About.com purchase) and op. income +21% to $89.3M.
- Match division (online dating) sales +9%; op. income +2% to $58.4M.
- $73.1M was spent on buybacks.
- Q2 results, PR
InterActiveCorp investors take profits after Q2 beat
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Sat, 9:00AM)
Video at CNBC.com (May 11, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 9, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 8, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Feb 13, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs