- SunPower's (SPWR) Q2 EPS beat had much to do with a gross margin of 19.5%, -320 bps Q/Q but +480 bps Y/Y and well above guidance of 14%-16%. SunPower attributes the gains to cost reductions.
- Full-year GM guidance is now at 18%-20%, above a prior 15%-17%. Q3 GM guidance of 17%-19%.
- SunPower still expects to recognize 1GW-1.1GW in module shipments in 2013. 277MW were recognized in Q2, near the high end of a guidance range of 260MW-280MW. 240MW-260MW expected in Q3.
- Q2 Americas sales (68% of revenue) -1% Y/Y. EMEA -31%. Asia-Pac +110%, thanks in part to 30% Q/Q growth in Japan.
- Americas GM was 22.5% in Q2, -1000 bps Q/Q and +340 bps Y/Y. EMEA GM was 9.7% after being negative for three straight quarters. Asia-Pac came in at 16.6%.
- All of SunPower's plants are running at 100% utilization.
- Shares +391% YTD going into the report.
- Q2 results, PR, slides, datasheet
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 12, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 10, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Feb 25, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs