- SunPower's (SPWR) Q2 EPS beat had much to do with a gross margin of 19.5%, -320 bps Q/Q but +480 bps Y/Y and well above guidance of 14%-16%. SunPower attributes the gains to cost reductions.
- Full-year GM guidance is now at 18%-20%, above a prior 15%-17%. Q3 GM guidance of 17%-19%.
- SunPower still expects to recognize 1GW-1.1GW in module shipments in 2013. 277MW were recognized in Q2, near the high end of a guidance range of 260MW-280MW. 240MW-260MW expected in Q3.
- Q2 Americas sales (68% of revenue) -1% Y/Y. EMEA -31%. Asia-Pac +110%, thanks in part to 30% Q/Q growth in Japan.
- Americas GM was 22.5% in Q2, -1000 bps Q/Q and +340 bps Y/Y. EMEA GM was 9.7% after being negative for three straight quarters. Asia-Pac came in at 16.6%.
- All of SunPower's plants are running at 100% utilization.
- Shares +391% YTD going into the report.
- Q2 results, PR, slides, datasheet
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (May 27, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 13, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 16, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 4, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs