- Activision's (ATVI) World of Warcraft sub base fell by 300K Q/Q to 7.7M. That's much smaller than Q1's 1.3M drop, but some analysts were expecting a seasonal pickup in China.
- CEO Bobby Kotick says Activision remains cautious about 2H, due to "increased competition" and "uncertainties surrounding the console transition."
- Retail channel revenue -63% Y/Y to $188M, revenue from "digital online channels" -23% to $383M.
- Online subscription revenue (inc. WoW and Call of Duty Elite) -3% Y/Y to $194M. PC revenue -91% to $43M. Consoles +20% to $244M. Other (inc. mobile games and Skylanders toys) -36% to $90M.
- North America revenue (52% of total) -35%, Europe (40% of total) -39%, Asia-Pac -70%.
- R&D spend -15% Y/Y to $123M, sales/marketing -15% to $116M.
- Q2 results, PR
Activision now -1.8% AH following Q2 report, 300K more WoW subs lost
Aug 1 2013, 16:56 ET