- The war of words has escalated as Time Warner Cable (TWC) justifies its decision to pull CBS (CBS) from its programming after the two companies couldn't work out a deal.
- Reports indicate that CBS - which was earning between $0.75-$1.00 a month per subscriber - wants to double its carriage fees.
- CBS has been replaced in several major TWC markets by back-up programming from Starz Kids and Family.
- The ripple effect: Aereo has entered the scene with Time Warner Cable directing customers toward where to go for a free Aereo trial. Also, expect DirecTV (DTV) and Dish Network (DISH) to be busy.
- D-Day: Regular season NFL football starts September 8 for CBS.
- TWC/CBS timeline
The gloves are off between CBS and Time Warner Cable
Aug 3 2013, 11:08 ET