- GM (GM) produces six of the 10 most-expensive vehicles in terms of gas consumption, a study from tracking service GasBuddy.com shows.
- At 21.2 cents a mile, GMC is the costliest brand, followed by Cadillac at 19 cents, Mercedes-Benz (DDAIF.PK) at 18.6 cents, Jeep at 18.5 cents and Jaguar (TTM) at 18.4 cents.
- Honda (HMC) makes the most efficient vehicles with average consumption of 12.8 cents a mile, after which comes Kia (KIMTF.PK) at 12.9 cents.
- GasBuddy senior analyst Patrick DeHaan points out that "GMC's weighted to heavy-duty models, which aren't going to get as good fuel economy."
- Meanwhile, Isuzu Motors (ISUZF.PK) will reportedly use GM diesel engines in a new pick-up truck to be made in India. The engines will incoporate Isuzu technology.