- HSBC's (HBC) underlying pretax profit +47% to $13.1B, helped by lower loan-impairment charges and operating costs.
- Attributable profit +23% to $10B.
- Net interest income -8% to $17.8B.
- Western economic growth continued to be tepid while growth in China and the rest of Asia stuttered; regulatory reforms added to costs.
- Impairment charges and credit risk provisions -$1.7B to $3.1B.
- Grew revenues in key areas: Financing & Equity Capital Markets, Credit businesses, residential mortgages in the U.K. and Hong Kong, and from collaboration between global businesses.
- Return on equity rises to 12% from 10.5% last year.
- Underlying expenses -8%, helped by $800M of cost savings across all regions, taking the annualized total to $4.1B since the start of 2011.
- Core tier 1 ratio 12.7%, common equity tier 1 ratio 10.1%.
- Total assets -2% since December to $2.645T.
- Declares second interim dividend for 2013 of $0.10 a share.
- Shares -3%. (PR)
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 9, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 19, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 26, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs