- The Amazon founder/CEO is acquiring The Washington Post's (WPO) newspaper publishing ops for $250M.
- Amazon is not involved in the transaction.
- The deal includes "The Washington Post and other publishing businesses, including the Express newspaper, The Gazette Newspapers, Southern Maryland Newspapers, Fairfax County Times, El Tiempo Latino and Greater Washington Publishing."
- Slate magazine, TheRoot.com, Foreign Policy magazine, and other Washington Post assets aren't part of the transaction.
- WPO +1.9% AH. (PR)
- Update (5:12PM ET): Shares now +5.5% AH.
Jeff Bezos buying Washington Post newspaper ops for $250M
Aug 5 2013, 16:41 ET